So here's our first song so far. Going to throw vocals on top so some parts may be extended.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3602793/thickersnare.mp3

What do you guys think?
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
I say that's pretty good. Sounds close to a studio record to me, great quality, all recorded? The drums too?
Pretty sweet, I'd perhaps argue that it has more of a hardcore feel than a metal one but I could just be being picky.

I'd say it needs two things as of the moment. A toned down snare, as the current one seems to just distract from EVERYTHING else. And some vocals. Kinda lost interest in close listening after about a minute, it's very hard to keep instrumentals interesting. Even some of the best instrumentals could be improved by a smattering of vocals.

Edit: Didn't see that you'd be putting vocals on... teaches me for skim reading.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I actually really liked that.. And i disagree about the snare being too loud.

The vocals will make or break it.. if its cookie monster - forget it. If you have some melody, then its off to the races!

my opinion.
Thanks guys appreciate it. Working with the snare a little more later just so it's a little more cutting but a little lower in the mix. I think it's actually ok right now but it just needs a little bit of highs to it.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Production is great, guitars sound fantastic. Really cool riffing and tight playing, nice and heavy too. Vocals will work very well over the top of it, look forward to hearing that. Solo is cool. Can't really think of that much which could be improved, maybe do something other than a fade out for the ending.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1523807