Page 1 of 2
Okay. So i searched. Didnt see anything. Figured id give it a shot.
I wanted to start a thread discussing pawn shops your experiences pawning, the television shows etc etc. Some reason old shit interests me and id like to see if anyone else has the same thoughts.

Anyway, the reason i thought of this was i was watching a show where a lady brought in a broach with like 20 top end gems from back in the day, she has no clue about it, and asks the guy for 2 grand. He says he cant do that because he has a conscience. he tells her ill give you 15000 dollars. shes all WHAT WHOA than shes like. how bout 17.
I thought that was freaking hilarious, greedy bitch.
Life Sucks. Get over it.
When I was at uni, a pawn shop nearby used to have a George Lynch custom. Was there in first year, still there when I graduated.
I once pawned a N64 and 10 games for 150$. It had all nintendo stickers removed so it wasnt legal to sell and I was underage anyway. Pawn shops kick ass.

Another time I found a mens wedding ring, pawned that shit, walked away with 500$ for seeing something shiny in an alley.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
I once pawned a N64 and 10 games for 150$. It had all nintendo stickers removed so it wasnt legal to sell and I was underage anyway. Pawn shops kick ass.

Another time I found a mens wedding ring, pawned that shit, walked away with 500$ for seeing something shiny in an alley.
You just ruined some poor guy's life
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy

Rofl. Conscience? What Conscience
Life Sucks. Get over it.
Quote by devilskommander
>Pawn Shop
>conscience

Pick one.

Yup.

OT, I can't stand Pawn Shops, nor can I stand all the "reality" shows about them
Quote by StonedColdCrazy

Nice one,
There honestly isn't anything wrong with pawn shops, imo. And the television show is excellent. I'm not exactly sure where you got "all of these shows," chrisobonham.. There's like one.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Quote by chriscobonham
Yup.

OT, I can't stand Pawn Shops, nor can I stand all the "reality" shows about them

Okay so you dont find anything old or antique interesting?
Like. you dont get excited about old cars or old guitars? or old playboys?
Life Sucks. Get over it.
Quote by StillSublime
There honestly isn't anything wrong with pawn shops, imo. And the television show is excellent. I'm not exactly sure where you got "all of these shows," chrisobonham.. There's like one.

Actually theres really a bunch now.
Pawn stars
Hardcore pawn
some other pawn store show
Got like 2or 3 picking shows
Than you got the Storage shows
And you got shows where they auction this shit off
and if you really wanna go into it theres another show where they restore antiques and shit like that

So its actually quite expansive at this point.
Life Sucks. Get over it.
Oh, well technically a lot of those aren't 'pawn shop reality shows'.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
theres 3 the other is i think cajun pawn.

anyway...i really like pawn shops. its where i get most of my movies and games. ive also bought other stuff in them. but you have to know your shit when you go into one. they sometimes have things ridiculously priced. 9 out of 10 times you can talk them down.
Last edited by beyondthegrave at Mar 5, 2012,
Quote by beyondthegrave
theres 3 the other is i think cajun pawn.

Yes thank you.

But none the less its not necessarily just pawn shows im talkin about but ya theres like 3 main shows and a dozen similar shows either way..... discuss!
Life Sucks. Get over it.
Quote by Bdotnert
Actually theres really a bunch now.
Pawn stars
Hardcore pawn
some other pawn store show
Got like 2or 3 picking shows
Than you got the Storage shows
And you got shows where they auction this shit off
and if you really wanna go into it theres another show where they restore antiques and shit like that

So its actually quite expansive at this point.

I think the antique and auction shows are just annoying/boring as hell, but Pawn Stars is really entertaining, with a little history thrown in. And then of course, you get to watch fat guys race eachother for a bet, lol.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
I'd rather sell something on Craigslist or Ebay for what it's worth and make more money. Pawnshops will give you half it's worth...
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I'll go in and look around, but I hardly ever sell anything there.

In my experience, they all seem to have shitty guitar equipment, like old plywood Washburns and shit like that. But they can be a great place to buy tools.
i bought another ibanez guitar from a flea market for like 30$ its pretty much the same guitar that i first bought myself when i turned 16 for 150$ so i was happy about that.
Not quite a pawn shop but it might as well be.
Life Sucks. Get over it.
Made this for some other thread like a year ago. Good excuse to share it again.

R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy

For real? I just took in a perfectly fine 360 and about $400 worth of games, including Gears 3, Forza 4, Halo Reach, and a few others not even a few months old and the shop wouldn't take the xbox, because they said they will only take the new black ones. They also said they would only give me $2.00 a game.

The same shop also is not taking music equipment because they are over stocked on that stuff and it's not selling. Well when your shitty Peavy 10 watt practice junker is on the shelves for $200 then yes you are not gonna sell anything.

I hate the pawn shops in my area.
There aren't really any proper pawn shops in my area so the closest I can get is by watching Pawn Stars
Quote by metal4all
I'd rather sell something on Craigslist or Ebay for what it's worth and make more money. Pawnshops will give you half it's worth...

It amuses me when people are shocked at businesses trying to make money, last I checked ebay charge commission.
SMILE!
Quote by Mr.DeadDuck
It amuses me when people are shocked at businesses trying to make money, last I checked ebay charge commission.

Yea but usually people who go to pawn shops are really desperate so the store takes advantage of that. To give you an idea, the pawn shop I worked at would only give you 25% of what your item is going for used. The only thing you can really get money for is jewelry.
They can be cool. You can find a lot of old games for decent prices. Movies, cd's are all cheap as well. Buying/selling guitars and electronic stuff is not really worth it imo, though. They give you nothing and sell for a lot more (usually. sometimes you can find a deal) but that's usually how it always goes.
Quote by master
Yea but usually people who go to pawn shops are really desperate so the store takes advantage of that. To give you an idea, the pawn shop I worked at would only give you 25% of what your item is going for used. The only thing you can really get money for is jewelry.

Then people should suck it up and take their shit to auction or sell it themselves.
I pawned your brother.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Sorry for the stupid question, but what on earth are pawn shops ?
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Quote by Mr.DeadDuck
I'm not shocked, I just explained why I would use an alternative method. I'm aware ebay charges commission and I guarantee you it isn' 50%. Also why I would try CL first. It amuses me when people assume things.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by Irondevil
Sorry for the stupid question, but what on earth are pawn shops ?

You take in items you want to sell for money. guitars, amps, dvd players, games, etc. or, you can go in and buy items and try to find good deals on them. Usually they might have a nice guitar, cd's for cheap.
Quote by whoomit
I like POV and creampie.

I can totally get POV, but I've never understood the creampie turn on.. explain to me?
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Page 1 of 2