in terms of plugging it in etc.

Specifically im off the US soon and thinking of getting a Boss pedal (no Boss snobs please, thats not the issue).

I have the PSA adaptor that i bought here in the UK which i use to power my TU-3 etc. (also purchaed in UK)

If i buy a pedal in the US can i use this adaptor to safely plug it into the power socket without plowing up the pedal/guitar/house/world?
Cool, i was just concerned cos isnt it 220w in America and 240w in the UK (dont quote me on that, all i know is that they are different wattages) and i didnt wanna save money by buying a pedal in the US only to come back home and fry it as soon as i plug it in
120V in the US.
The PSU takes 240 down to 9 volts, which is what the pedal wants. In the US you'd buy a 120V to 9 volt adapter. The pedals themselves are exactly the same.
Quote by Roc8995
120V in the US.
The PSU takes 240 down to 9 volts, which is what the pedal wants. In the US you'd buy a 120V to 9 volt adapter. The pedals themselves are exactly the same.

Sweet, thanks. I thought all the pedals would be the same and it would be the adaptors that are different but thought it was worht checking.

Quick aside question, how much is a Boss DD-7 in the states? Its kinda hard to Google it in the UK as it keeps taking me to UK sites
Musician's Friend has them for 170. That should be close to store retail.

(Though I have to suggest a Hardwire or TC Flashback delay if you're looking for a better pedal in that price range)