Hello everybody, just a quick question.

Tuner -> Phase 90 -> Dr. Boogiey distortion -> Blue box -> Octaver Chorus -> Delay -> amp

Now i'm getting a Fuzz Factory.where should i put it? I like the Phaser at the beginning (sound too much after the boogiey) and the the distortion sound getting a clean octave up from the octaver. What would be the most logical setup?

Peace
Yes, it's true. But this answer doesn't help a lot
Man, with a Fuzz Factory, all bets are off. Where you put it in the signal chain will have a HUGE impact on tone. Like Y00p said, experiment. I'd start with it at the start of the chain (after the tuner if the tuner's true bypass, before it if it's not) and keep moving it until it sounds good.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Sorry to hijack the thread but thought it more polite than starting a new, related on.

Distortion AND overdrive pedals. Which should come first in the chain?
Quote by LivinJoke84
Sorry to hijack the thread but thought it more polite than starting a new, related on.

Distortion AND overdrive pedals. Which should come first in the chain?

I would put the od before, especially if the OD is setup as a clean boost
More than likely is either/or with OD's and Distortions - but it makes more sense to boost a Distortion pedal (which should be run on the amps clean setting) than boosting an OD with a Distortion.
it's about the MY WHOLE chain. not only about the dist/od pedals
Your chain looks good. Try the phaser after the OD/Distortion, and try your Octaver Chorus and Delay in your effects loop if you have one.
General consensus is dirt before modulation.
But general consensus may not be the best to YOUR ears.
For some sounds, you may want modulation before dirt.
It really is something you need to play around with though.

Tuner should ALWAYS go first though. It should have a pure signal to do its job properly.

As to the OD/distortion thing....
I have 3 OD pedals, and 2 distortion pedals.
Set like so : OD > OD > Dist > Dist > OD
Last edited by CodeMonk at Mar 5, 2012,
Quote by 667
Your chain looks good. Try the phaser after the OD/Distortion, and try your Octaver Chorus and Delay in your effects loop if you have one.

If you're using amp-dirt I would always recommend the FX loop for that kind of stuff, but if you're not... seems like just a waste of effort, to me.

Personally I like my phaser, like my wah, to go before dirt.
I would run the tuner/dist. in front and run the rest through the FX loop
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com