Hey this is my first post

My main issue is my pinky, it moves very far away from the neck and when I want to use it it kinda "slaps" the strings and that causes sloppy playing. If you guys need a better explanation you can leave your e-mails and i'll send you a vid of what i'm talking about. This is really frustrating me to the point that I want to chop this little b*stard off!!
Calm down, grow a pair, sit on your ass and start practicing until you fix the issue. If you aren't willing to practice and iron out your technique there is no reason to even try and progress as a guitarist. Simple as that.
Your pinky finger is invaluable to guitar playing, especially lead. Do some finger exercises that focuses on its use.
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
watch Paul Gilbert for inspiration and what risk ^ said!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Also do some reeally slow exercises like just keeping your hands floating on the string, without pressing and then slowly pressing each finger one after another without moving the other fingers (but don't hold the other fingers, just.. Use only the necessary muscles to press a finger down.)

Also.. Paul Gilberts pinky is fast and all, but he lifts it way too far (and keeps it tense) from the fretboard sometimes when he doesn't need it.. Not that it seems to bother him or slow him down, but compare it to Yngwie Malmsteens fretting hand or even better, some classical players like Paco de Lucia (okay.. Flamenco) or Kaori Muraji and note the difference.
Quote by bobafettacheese
watch Paul Gilbert for inspiration and what risk ^ said!

For pinky control, paul is the very very last person you wanna study
Quote by tappooh
Yes, he often has his pinky flying all over the place. But he still plays flawlessly.

i've found people with larger hands tend to do that. for me, my pinky kind of locks, then snaps back, meaning it looks like it flies back. not sure if thats the same with people like paul gilbert and steve vai.
Quote by tappooh
Yes, he often has his pinky flying all over the place. But he still plays flawlessly.

Maybe he would be even better if he controlled his pinky ?

who knows ?
Ima post some tabs I used to develop my pinky strenghth. the latter of which helped a lot.
I used to play the first one without my pinky for awhile, but I made it a goal to use it as much as i could. The second you kinda have to use it.
That said, I still work on it. Also try Freepowers Excercise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOsvZdvVndo
Hope it helps.

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/y/yuki_kajiura/fake_wings_tab.htm
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/misc_cartoons/devil_may_cry_-_opening_tab.htm
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
Quote by FenderMayer
Woah, slow down there! Cutting off your pinky won't do much good.... Just sit down and practice using it, do a simple chromatic scale repeatedly while watching TV or something! Repetition is key!

This to. I memorized the chromatic and blues scales by just goin through the motions while watchin tv.
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
Thanks for the replies guys, I work hard at it but it still seems like nothing is happening. I'll keep trying though, not going to let a piece of wood get me down and thanks to Iblis92 and Freepower for the links!
Quote by Rauvounous
Thanks for the replies guys, I work hard at it but it still seems like nothing is happening. I'll keep trying though, not going to let a piece of wood get me down and thanks to Iblis92 and Freepower for the links!

It takes a long time to get this kind of thing under control, keep up the practice like the video Freepower posted and it will come in time.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.