Page 1 of 2
If you don't like this album, you deserve an eternity of getting touched by uncles. Everything they did outside of this ranges from listenable to utter bollocks...and they may look like alcoholic housewives and spout complete shite these days...but man, this album is great. Friday night, brain switches off, and this goes on the record player. Deadly.

'Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh......red hot!'
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Don't quite get why you dislike their other stuff. Wild side, Too fast for love, Kick start my heart (to name a few) are amazing songs. But yes. This is a truly outstanding album.
Not all their stuff, just none of their other albums mixed real heavy metal and venereal disease quite as well as this one.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
It sounds like heavy metal with some serious STD's.

And there's nothing wrong about that!
It's a no from me, bring on the uncles

As with most stupid fun stuff, I think if it doesn't get you while you're young it never will
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I have never disagreed with you more then at this moment Sir Strangles. I experienced the height of Motley mania and it left a bad taste in my mouth that breaks out in herpes regularly to this day.

Combine the facts that there are way too many better examples of sleazy Heavy Metal and that I spent time in both California and New York when these guys were at their peak potential of moistening panties and you've got a band whose music, image, and fans that I just cannot stand.

Give me some Fire In The Brain over this any day.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by duncang
It's a no from me, bring on the uncles

As with most stupid fun stuff, I think if it doesn't get you while you're young it never will

Hahaha...this had me in bits.

Yeah I'll be honest and say that the Vice City soundtrack got me in this as a teenager. And Judas Priest too!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by VampireGoldfish
I have never disagreed with you more then at this moment Sir Strangles. I experienced the height of Motley mania and it left a bad taste in my mouth that breaks out in herpes regularly to this day.

Combine the facts that there are way too many better examples of sleazy Heavy Metal and that I spent time in both California and New York when these guys were at their peak potential of moistening panties and you've got a band whose music, image, and fans that I just cannot stand.

Give me some Fire In The Brain over this any day.

Good choice with the Oz

Was there much of a crossover in listening habits at all between people who listened to this stuff and fans of early US metal?
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I can't agree with this enough, ****ing hell i love that album. Add in W.A.S.P's first few and you have the perfect party mix.
Quote by Stranglehold

Yeah I'll be honest and say that the Vice City soundtrack got me in this as a teenager. And Judas Priest too!

Goddammit... that's how I first got into metal as well. I reckon it's responsible for a fair few people getting into it.
Mötley was a band I used to overlook long time just by the hearsay "just another glam band". Not that big fan of the Glam. However I've listened a couple of Mötley's albums and I must say they have some great songs, and my original opinion of them has changed quite totally. Proves once again that one shouldn't pre-judge a band just because it belongs to genre x.

Though mostly familiar only with Too Fast.., Girls Girls Girls, and Dr. Feel Good.
How does this album compare for Girls, Girls, Girls?

If it's great then I'll check it out. Girls, Girls, Girls, Kickstart My Heart and Wild Side are probably favorite songs of mine so far. My preferration still goes to W.A.S.P. if I had to choose, who are probably in my top 5, or at least top 10 bands of all times.

Btw someone mentioned Oz. Also great band. Only first album of theirs stutters.
Last edited by dungeoncrawler at Mar 5, 2012,
Quote by Stranglehold
Good choice with the Oz

Was there much of a crossover in listening habits at all between people who listened to this stuff and fans of early US metal?

It's essentially the same relationship that you see today with surface level music and the music that exist underneath that. Something I remember very vividly about Motley was just how poofter everything seemed about them. We called it Lady Listening and the like because it really was all very feminine. I don't recall too many people who would go from Walpurgis Night to Shout At The Devil, only one comes to mind.

Never knew what happened to him.

But from my experience, the crossover listening habits were slim to none.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Oh man gotta spin some Walpurgis Night now.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by duncang
Ha, true dat. If it wasn't for the help of nostalgia I probably wouldn't love me some Linkin Park every now and then.

Truth, or at least a thing I've noticed, is that the music that sticks best with me isn't necessarily the stuff with the most devastating, or even the catchiest riffs, but the stuff that has the ability to attach itself to emotions, memories and imageries. As pretentious as it may sound, if it doesn't make you feel it's not gonna last, as good as it may sound. In a case such as this I'm sure it's very much based on nostalgia but hey, that counts too.
Quote by dungeoncrawler
Mötley was a band I used to overlook long time just by the hearsay "just another glam band". Not that big fan of the Glam. However I've listened a couple of Mötley's albums and I must say they have some great songs, and my original opinion of them has changed quite totally.

Though only really familiar with Too Fast.., Girls Girls Girls, and Dr. Feel Good.
How does this album compare for Girls, Girls, Girls?

If it's great then I'll check it out. Girls, Girls, Girls, Kickstart My Heart and Wild Side are probably favorite songs of mine so far. My preferration still goes to W.A.S.P. if I had to choose, who are probably in my top 5, or at least top 10 bands of all times.

Btw someone mentioned Oz. Also great band. Only first album of theirs stutters.

This phrase "just another glam band" has been used so much. It has got to the point that people look down on glam metal without truly giving it a go. Bands such as motley crue, dokken, cinderella nearly always win people over when they listen to them. I was talking to someone a few months back who when he asked me what music I listen to and I said glam metal, you know bands like van halen cinderella. He said URRGH Glam metal. However I do like van halen and cinderella. He then went on to ask me if I liked Def Leppard and a few weeks later I discover he is also a big poison and warrant fan. I then decided to introduce him to a load of other glam metal bands which he previously refused to listen to because he labelled them glam metal.

I mean how many people out there do you know that like sweet child o mine, livin on a prayer, final countdown etc. As glam metal goes these are decent songs. there are loads more songs out there which I'm sure people would like, if only they heard them.
Poofter post
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Strangles...My buddy, my friend, my compadre..I don't like Motley Crue.

But I'll give this a listen, couldn't hurt in case I missed something.
Always liked Motley Crue, but I grew up hearing them on the local radio stations all the time, so basically this.
Quote by duncang
last.fm
"the waves have now a redder glow..."
Quote by Ironic Maiden
I heard that listening to this could possibly make your wiener fall off, is this true

You tell me, dickless. OHSNAP.
I used to listen to this band a lot. Will still enjoy this album I'm sure. Sexy heavy metal is good entertainment. Kind of like how I enjoy ZZ Top's Eliminator and Afterburner. Not the best example but couldn't think of any metal acts at this particular moment.
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
I don't listen to much heavy metal....

But when I do, its Court in the Act.

I could never see myself passing that up for this
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by progbass
I don't listen to much heavy metal....

But when I do, its Manilla Road.

fixed
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
10 year olds and Steve I guess.

Sumdeus
If this song was a blunt, it would be the BEST BLUNT EVER!

fixed for Rome's sake
Philosophy > Life
I used to like Motley Crue when I was 12...
Pestilent winds
Rotting earth
Fire streaks the skies
Slow decay
Putrid stench
The Light chokes and dies
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
...In vacuo...
Quote by Stranglehold

Someone beat me to it but this is exactly how I got into metal too

v-rock with Laslo, had 2 minutes to midnight, bark at the moon, you ot another thing comin, yankee rose, too young to fall in love, I wanna rock, madhouse, raining blood, comin' atcha, turn up the radio etc. etc.
Last edited by \m/Gaz at Mar 7, 2012,
I agree. I remember one time I was caught in a traffic jam and the car going the other way stopped right beside me--window to window. I looked over and she was a business woman in her 30s. So I threw in Shout at the Devil and started doing the "fist pumps" and screaming out the lyrics and then I looked over at her. She looked hesitant, but then started shouting the lyrics and doing fist pumps into the air too.

The traffic jam cleared and we started moving. I looked in my rear view mirror and she was driving her car and still doing fist pumps and screaming out the lyrics.

Obviously this is a great album or I would not have gotten such a reaction.

ron666
My favorite/first motley crue album. Also the first band whose band members' names i memorized. Good, and bad memories associated with it. Nostalgia is always good, though.
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
stop being a chump and listen to Judas Priest while you speed like you should, jon

Sumdeus
Page 1 of 2