how much, where can i get one, what is a good one, and what goes into installing one of these into my guitar(schecter c1 hellrasier)?

would this require a second output jack on my guitar as well or can it just run through the same as the regular pickups?
I put the Ghost bridge in my ltd f 250 and love it. It was about $200. Graph tech makes a few different styles (and they have the best customer service ever, just email them and they can help with anything) Any piezo system requires a second output jack to be installed for the midi output. Keep in mind that install piezo pickups just makes your guitar a controller, and won't give you all the fun sounds. You'll need a laptop and midi interface for it. *someone else feel free to correct me here*
*insert witty statement here*
The Ghost system requires a 13 pin connector installed, but a garden-variety piezo can be installed using a stereo output jack, replacing the standard jack. You can also simply install a switch and use a mono jack, but the stereo jack allows you to use both sets of pickups simultaneously through different amps (ultimate clean sounds, imo).
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
^ i'd be more interested in using something that isn't midi. i just want the versatility of the acoustic like sound as i don't have an acoustic electric and am very happy with how my current guitar plays and feels.

so lets assume i went with the non-midi pup, what is a good model/brand to look at and what other things would i have to take into consideration. i don't really care for being able to use both pickups at the same time. so would there be a way to simply rewire my current 3 position selector switch to act as piezo, bridge, and neck positions?
You could do that, but if you want to use the piezo, you would have to switch to it, but also you would have to unplug your guitar from the amp, and plug it into a suitable acoustic amp. That's why I would not go that route, which would also compromise your current switching options. I would go with the stereo jack, so that the mag and piezo circuits could be entirely independent. You also require an on-board battery and pre for the piezo saddles. Trying to incorporate the switching of that circuit into your existing selector would be more problematic than simply installing a smart stereo jack to turn the circuit on whenever a cable is connected.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Koch Studiotone XL
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
i don't really see the need to use an acoustic amp for this, i'm content with the chimey, brightness from my regular amp and want the acoustic guitar characteristics from the pickup. maybe later on down the road i'd get an acoustic amp but then i'd probably just a/b between the 2 amps

any suggestions on brands to look at?
Acoustic amp, pfft. I've always found that a Plexi makes a fine acoustic amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
RMC, Fishman, Graphtech. All are superb, it just depends on which will fit your bridge properly, or if you can replace your existing bridge cleanly.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Koch Studiotone XL
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Cathbard
Acoustic amp, pfft. I've always found that a Plexi makes a fine acoustic amp.

Yeah, I agree, but if you actually are trying to emulate an acoustic live, I've always liked the Fishman Aura and a proper acoustic amp. The piezo saddles as well as the mag signal through a regular amp such as a Plexi gives a great sound. My Eastman Delta 6 uses the blended signal to better emulate a resonator/electric sound quite effectively.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Koch Studiotone XL
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by andrerist
http://www.fishman.com/products/view/tune-o-matic-powerbridge-pickup

what type of installation is required with this?

i'm assuming:

another selector switch to choose between hum buckers and piezo
2nd jack
a second cavity for another battery

anything else? and about what would it cost to have this done by a luthier?

A blend pot or volume control for the piezo would be required. Otherwise, the install should be quite simple and routine for a luthier.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Koch Studiotone XL
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1