Lets go back to a time before Metal was pretty....

Is it thrash? Doom? Or something else....

Bifrost is an awesome smidgen of history brought to us from the legendary Nazgul Aeries productions. Not only is it some aggressively genre ambiguous stuff, it also has the most appropriate production style to fit the release. It stands as a testament to Metal tendencies before it left the garages, abandoned houses, and genuine vitriol.

Wait a minute VG, this was released in '96?

Yes boys and gals, the spirit was and still is alive in few. So gather around and let the Mortuary Drape styled bass and interludes wrap around you and go crazy for these Pagan doom thrashers.

Bird of fucking prey!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
aggressively genre ambiguous stuff!

Is there seriously anything better?

I don't mind the purity of some bands, but having those bands that simply don't fit into any given genre make them all the more interesting.

You and Strangles are making me want to make a heavy metal thread on two bands I've really been digging lately.
Only listened to one track but good stuff. Agree on the production and especially love the vocals, they really deliver with conviction. Anything worth checking out minus Pagan Reality?
I would encourage you check out the other stuff. Mileage may vary, Pagan Reality is my favorite but don't let that discourage you.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
I would encourage you check out the other stuff. Mileage may vary, Pagan Reality is my favorite but don't let that discourage you.

Alright, will do. Cheers.
heard a couple tracks so far. this kicks so much ass. and just as you said, the production is perfect. will have to get at least this album.
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
Quote by severed-metal
Is there seriously anything better?

I don't mind the purity of some bands, but having those bands that simply don't fit into any given genre make them all the more interesting.

You and Strangles are making me want to make a heavy metal thread on two bands I've really been digging lately.

Do it. I realized that this band was recommended to me awhile ago, and that I have the album on my computer. Will listen...

Edit: I listened to the whole album last night while in bed, and all I have to say is, Fuck and Yes. Bird of Prey, and My Ancestor, Now a Dark Woodspirit really make the album.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Mar 7, 2012,
Damn this stuff is awesome. Anyone got a link to the other album, The Wildest Fire?
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by Burning_Angel
Damn this stuff is awesome. Anyone got a link to the other album, The Wildest Fire?

I know this is a bit old - in fact you probably already have it, - I personally couldn't find a link to it anywhere. I did find some physical copies on Discogs though, for a fairly good price, so maybe look there for a proper release? I've spun Pagan Reality to death now, would love to hear something else by them.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I AM BIRD OF PREY!
Bird of fucking prey-uh!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Jul 25, 2015,
Thank you so much for this. This is ****ing amazing.
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
This stuff keeps the torch lit. Glad I can still spread the filth.

Fimbulwintaaaaaah! THE WINTER OF WINTER'S! The winter of wintuh's....
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Imagine if instead of the direction Metal went, it never strayed so far from this path. Instead of blast beats and double bass; Hyper loud production, often digital; A large fraction of projects complely abandoning songwriting in lieu of attempts at composition (we all aren't TRITSIO)..... instead of all that what if we got new and exciting variations on this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4G8H5atMrY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1XmmU_s0f4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRpT61_R86A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W5CP0c4KJg

I'd be far less up-tight at local shows on Saturday nights, I'll tell you that much.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one