Canada, That wonderful place I call home. Home to the likes of quite a few heavy metal acts, two of which include Kraken and Black Knight. Most of you should know of them, and if you haven't, shame on you.

Lord Ryur from the gay old land of Montreal, are a band whose potential knew no bounds, but were silenced early on. A band whose identity is truly forgotten, hidden beneath the sands of time, never to be revealed.

Fortunately, the music lives on. A band using a wondrous combination of clean and harsh vocals to create some sort of magical harmony. But where would those vocals be without the ripping fast and thought out riffs?

Pact With The Sinner was their only release, and you should damn well check it out if you enjoy heavy metal.

Next up..

Tramontane, beautifully done heavy/power metal back when balls were necessary to sing and play an instrument. Teetering on the edge of existence, this band managed to create few valid attempts but none were truly taken under the wing of the people.

Released a compilation in 2009 which was very much so worth getting, but if you like the feel of demos, their first two have satisfied more than many. I personally recommend the 2009 compilation, as it has everything on one disc, or download or whatever you prefer.

From crystal knowledge, seeking power, bring us alive, in our darkest hour...

Vault

For the common lover of heavy metal and those deep masculine vocals sung by Glenn Danzig (I know you'll appreciate this Strangles, ESPECIALLY Hell of a Block), with just a tinge of an accent from the Netherlands. Ever heard one? Neither have I, but these guys have it.

Probably the most commercially successful of these three, but no less great. Like stated, incredibly interesting riffing coupled with those vocals makes for one hell of a great release. Special points because he sounds close to Danzig's sexy vocals.

No More Escape (Synth and heavy metal, catchy riffing) and Hell of a Block (Closer to those vocals I mentioned and that ballsy heavy metal) are my choice cuts. You'll understand why I enjoy this band so much when you listen to Too Young To Fight at around 1:20 in.

Enjoy.
Last edited by severed-metal at Mar 5, 2012,
I will be back in an hour or so to give these guys a shot. You have anything physically or was this an internet treasure hunt?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I have Tramontane's 2009 compilation sitting around here somewhere, but the other two are a bit of a different story.

Heard of Lord Ryur through Aesop Dekker and Funeral Circle did a cover of Pact With The Sinner, and Vault were just one of those random internet finds.
Last edited by severed-metal at Mar 5, 2012,
Really, really loving that Tramontane track. Coulda used this back when I was looking for stuff like Adramelch/Dark Quarterer.
Seriously though, sweet stuff. Will get on the others.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Mar 5, 2012,
Have you *****d out Tramontane in the past? I've heard the track. Both bands are great finds though.
I do not want to assume you guys aren't listening due to the lack of links.

Hey Virtuoso, I made the thread.
I listened The Passage by Tramontane. This band sounds tight. I'd love to hear something from them that has tad better sound quality, I see they never released full length, but how's the quality in that EP, and are the compilation versions of the songs any different quality wise to that one you linked?

Edit: Checked the rest two also. Lord Ryur is quite nice. But Vault has to be my favorite of the three by fast checkout. Very nice axework, sharp crisp guitars and cool vocals. Nice share (especially as I don't remember hearing none of the three bands previously - although that Vault cover looks somewhat familiar..)!
Last edited by dungeoncrawler at Mar 6, 2012,
'The time has come, to pay me back, or burn in hell!!'

Alls I know is that Funeral Circle cover, and it kicks hoop. Gotta check out that Vault release. Tramontane sounds killer!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Will definitely check this out asap Severed. I have to finish some homework, and it's getting late, but when I have a chance tomorrow, I'll listen to these.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Lord Ryur I feel was my favorite of the bunch
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Love the way he sings, and the bite given to each of the harsh vocals makes the band so much more interesting. The small finds like this are really nice.

Quote by dungeoncrawler
I listened The Passage by Tramontane. This band sounds tight. I'd love to hear something from them that has tad better sound quality, I see they never released full length, but how's the quality in that EP, and are the compilation versions of the songs any different quality wise to that one you linked?

Edit: Checked the rest two also. Lord Ryur is quite nice. But Vault has to be my favorite of the three by fast checkout. Very nice axework, sharp crisp guitars and cool vocals. Nice share (especially as I don't remember hearing none of the three bands previously - although that Vault cover looks somewhat familiar..)!

Vault are one of those bands loads of people see but don't check out, pretty much like any band with "Necro" in their name.

The compilation is pretty much the same quality. Although the 2009 compilation is better quality due to it being remastered.

Glad most of you enjoyed them.