Page 1 of 2
Downhill skateboarding is an extreme discipline of skateboarding that includes going down hills as fast as possible and purposefully losing traction to slow down. I've been skating for years, but recently, the downhill scene has taken over my life.

I just released my first video, and have gotten a crazy amount of positive feedback from it. I entered it in a contest to win a very expensive skateboard, and more importantly, a hell of a lot of exposure. It would mean a lot to me if you guys would take some time and watch my video/ like a photo on facebook.

Of course, if you think other entries are cooler, feel free to vote for them, but I truly think I have the best video as it combines a bunch of different types of skateboarding.

Stephen Vaughn "Better Days"

LIKE THIS PHOTO!!

As of now, the person in first place has 315 likes. I've seen The Pit win much more votes than that before, and I know you guys can pull this one off!

P.S. If the skating doesn't win your vote, do it for the song that was part of the Tony Hawk Underground 2 soundtrack! Who didn't play Tony hawk as a kid!?

Edit: The contest is over. I got third! Thanks guys!
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Apr 16, 2012,
I watched your video, and was hoping you'd fall down so much >.>
But cool video anyway
I will vote for you (bareing in mind if it means voting on facebook I don't do it) if you answer me this honestly. How many times did you wipe out filming this?
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by Fandango
I watched your video, and was hoping you'd fall down so much >.>
But cool video anyway

Trust me, those pants didnt rip themselves I've eaten enough shit to make the 2 Girls 1 Cup ladies jealous.

Quote by Vendetta16
I will vote for you (bareing in mind if it means voting on facebook I don't do it) if you answer me this honestly. How many times did you wipe out filming this?

Even though it is Facebook, I'll tell you anyways that it is far too many times to count. I know for a fact though that the helmet saved me from at least one concussion while I was trying the grab off the curb at 1:41

And thanks for the votes guys, you're really helping me out
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Mar 5, 2012,
Quote by itchy guitar
Trust me, those pants didnt rip themselves I've eaten enough shit to make the 2 Girls 1 Cup ladies jealous.

Even though it is Facebook, I'll tell you anyways that it is far too many times to count. I know for a fact though that the helmet saved me from at least one concussion while I was trying the grab off the curb at 1:41

And thanks for the votes guys, you're really helping me out

For your honesty you have gained an extra vote my friend
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
You got my vote. Video made me nostalgia hard for the days of THPS and THUG, not to mention when I actually skated. You've got some serious shit here, man, way better than the hipster fucks who pass for skaters in my neck of the woods.
Downhill skate boarding eh.

Well before I tried it I never though a person could slide on across concrete on their face, after I did it I knew better.

Probably should have wore a helmet in hind-sight
Quote by BigHeadClan
Downhill skate boarding eh.

Well before I tried it I never though a person could slide on across concrete on their face, after I did it I knew better.

Probably should have wore a helmet in hind-sight

Helmets are a good idea. I've hit my head way too many times. And the greatest thing about my video, is that its not entirely downhill. I mixed it with street skating to make something that is truly unique. I was street skating for 6 years before I started downhill, It just so happens that gravity has my attention at the moment instead of stairs and ledges
Quote by MakinLattes
What kind of shoes are you wearing in the video?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Some World Industries shoes. I got them because they were cheap at the local skateshop, and the owner gave me a deal. But really, they aren't very good. I don't recommend them.
Quote by MakinLattes
needs moar fisheye lense.

But no, sick vid man. Looks like you have lots of nice hills where you are... We've only got like 3
Gear
Hamer Standard XT
1963 Burns Split Sonic
Boss DD-7 (w/ Tap switch)
BAJA Real Tube Overdrive
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss TU-2
Vox AD50VTXL
Quote by Pat_s1t
This song = so many memories. ****ing love THUG2

That's why I picked it

Quote by Fraydawg
needs moar fisheye lense.

But no, sick vid man. Looks like you have lots of nice hills where you are... We've only got like 3

For the most part, Florida is flat as a pancake. With the exception of one, all of those hills are over an hour away from me.
Quote by MakinLattes
Pop punk and good longboarding <3 What's the name of this song again?
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
The Explosion - Here I Am
Quote by MakinLattes
Shiet dawg, I didn't know itchy guitar was a shredder. FUUUUCK YEAH man, that's what I'm talking about. Loved the switch back no comply slide. Your big board tricks were way cleaner, but the shuv tailgrab and treflip were tight. Keep regular skateboarding too!
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Damn dude, you're killing it! I longboarded for a couple years but never got even close to being that good.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I love when we discuss skateboarding because you come up with the coolest shit for longboarding.
Im actually listening to the complete Tony Hawk Pro Skater soundtrack on spotofy right now so yeah I'll vote.
Quote by Scruff17
Kiss a guy and tell her it means nothing to you. Then die a little inside knowing that it did.

Flippin Tables
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
Quote by darkstar2466
Shiet dawg, I didn't know itchy guitar was a shredder. FUUUUCK YEAH man, that's what I'm talking about. Loved the switch back no comply slide. Your big board tricks were way cleaner, but the shuv tailgrab and treflip were tight. Keep regular skateboarding too!

Yeeaah man, I've been skating since way before I joined UG, it just so happens that downhill has all my attention recently I've been street skating again a lot more lately though.

Also, if you guys REALLY want to help me out, click share on that picture, and tell your friends to share it too. The kid in the lead has 390 likes because he has 48 freaking shares. I'm at 79 likes with only 2 shares. I'd say that's pretty good. If I can get up to the level of shares that kid has, we'll blow right past him.
Quote by MakinLattes
Awesome video. Makes me want to skate again.

Done both for you.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
Awesome video. Makes me want to skate again.

Done both for you.

Cheers man, that helps a bunch!

And you should totally start skating again. I stopped for a couple years as well, and starting again was the best decision of my life.
Quote by MakinLattes
Bumpity for morning crowd?
Quote by MakinLattes
Excellent video.
I have touched a skateboard for 8 years, I kinda want to start again now.
If my video gets you stoked enough to want to skate again, I consider it mission accomplished.
Quote by MakinLattes
Got my vote man.

Good to see some people keeping the spirit of skating alive. Everyone quit around the same time where I live, including me.

Good stuff man.
I know how you feel. Everyone I know that used to skate has quit over the years. I'm literally the only one who still skates.
Quote by MakinLattes
This contest ends in less than a week, and I'm way too far behind to win. But 3rd place is still in reach, and dammit, I want at least a t-shirt!
Quote by MakinLattes
I am currently tied for 3rd place, and this contest ends in a couple hours. This is the last time I'm whoring this out. I just want to get some last minute likes in. Help me out UG, I know you can do it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=332851706751372&set=a.330355550334321.66784.227789873924223&type=3&theater

Like the picture, share it with your friends por favor
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by itchy guitar
Yeeaah man, I've been skating since way before I joined UG, it just so happens that downhill has all my attention recently I've been street skating again a lot more lately though.

Also, if you guys REALLY want to help me out, click share on that picture, and tell your friends to share it too. The kid in the lead has 390 likes because he has 48 freaking shares. I'm at 79 likes with only 2 shares. I'd say that's pretty good. If I can get up to the level of shares that kid has, we'll blow right past him.

I don't have The 'book anymore, but I just passed it on to an old skater acquaintance from the east coast and told him to pass it on further. Is there a prize for 3rd place?

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Thanks man. It means a lot

And third place does get a prize. A prestigious T-Shirt

But really though, its more for the exposure of being announced as a winner. The landyachtz crew was pretty stoked on me when they skated here last week. Landyachtz is probably gonna hook me up with the grand prize a complete Wolfshark anyways
Quote by MakinLattes
Cool. Voted for you.

But man oh man do I hate compilations like this with their godawful music.

UGH
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Page 1 of 2