Guys! I have a problem,

I have a Fender Deluxe Active Jazz bass, so I have active pups. When I changed my battery I pulled my red wire off of one end of the thing that you put on the battery, so I need my wire soldered on I guess. Ive never had this happen so how much would it cost to get fixed at a local music store?
Quote by RazzleMCR1
Guys! I have a problem,

I have a Fender Deluxe Active Jazz bass, so I have active pups. When I changed my battery I pulled my red wire off of one end of the thing that you put on the battery, so I need my wire soldered on I guess. Ive never had this happen so how much would it cost to get fixed at a local music store?

Next to nothing. If they have a minimum labor fee, it'll be that. If not, probably a nominal $10. It's literally a 2 minute fix and, if nothing else is broken, requires nothing but a little solder to fix. They might just replace the whole battery clip and add $2 in parts.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Mar 5, 2012,
$10? I got gypped! My local music store charged me $27.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by Rawshik
$10? I got gypped! My local music store charged me $27.

That was just a rough estimate anyway If that's their hourly labor charge and they have a minimum charge of 1 hour (as is fairly common) I can understand it to some minor extent. It was still a rip off though, any awesome establishment that wants your repeated business will let you sneak under the minimum charge on an ultra-simple fix. Your mechanic shouldn't change you an hour's wages to change a broken spark plug.
I can understand it to some minor extent. It was still a rip off though, any awesome establishment that wants your repeated business will let you sneak under the minimum charge on an ultra-simple fix.