hey guys, so im thinking of getting a new board, i currently have a digitech rp500 but dont want something as digital sounding, so i was thinking of buying either the zoom g7.1ut tube board or the zoom g9.2tt twin tube board. i was wondering if anyone has any experience with either as i cant try either one where im located and id have to just take a chance.
wat is your budget? the zoom is more of a sidestep really not an upgrade.

look for a used pod HD
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I had the zoom g9.2tt and I was really happy with it. Although you probably want to make patches yourself because the factory presets aren't that great.
I would also check if you really need 2 expression pedals otherwise you'd be better of buying the 7.1
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Valves in pedals is like a dead chicken in a cabinet.

Useless.

Go for a Pod HD.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
The RP500 is fine. Tubes in a multifx don't really change anything. If the RP500 is "too digital" then the problem is that you don't know how to dial it in to work with your amp. Buying another multifx based on your complaint is just a shot in the dark. Maybe you should switch to analog pedals.
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
how much is the pod hd?

they start out at around $300 new. but u can go used and probably get the 500 hd for somewhere around $300.....actually a buddy of mine picked it up for $150 for an hd500. just look around
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
actually a buddy of mine picked it up for $150 for an hd500. just look around
Very unlikely you'll find a deal like this until the HD500 has been replaced for a couple years. You'd be hard pressed to find an X3 Live for that price. $150 is XT Live territory,
I have had my Zoom G9.2tt for 5 years now and it has been great to me. I got it when it was new and haven't had too many problems with it. I gig with it and still do. I've only had to replace a few switches and then the power supply a few times. As a lead guitarist I say get the G9 as a rhythm the other pedal wouldn't be needed.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)