Hey,
I don't know much about all the electronic components of amplifiers and whatnot but I got a few questions. Are there tubes that would better fit the style music (mostly Rock N Roll/Hard Rock) I play over the stock ones? What speakers could I use to better get that sound (I hear Celestions is one of the top)? Not committing to any customizations yet, my sound isn't bad or anything. But if it makes a huge difference for the better then I'd definitely go for something new.

Amp I use: Carvin V3 (all stock) Halfstack

The bands I mostly cover are: AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Sabbath, Van Halen, Rush, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Stones, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Etc.

Thanks,
Joe
Tubes aren't going to make a huge difference, and you won't notice it making your amp any more suited for a certain style of music, but it's generally agreed that replacing the stock tubes will make most amps sound better in general. Speakers are to taste; I'm not sure what Carvin uses in their cabs, but knowing them, I doubt they're horrid. Changing speakers can make a big difference if you want something different, but it's not necessarily going to be "better", just a change. A lot of people like Celestions; Eminence is another good one.
neither are necessary if you are content with your tone.

personally (meaning me) rarely replace tubes until they start to die, or do die. they will change tone, probably less than you think i would imagine.

speakers are a whole other ballpark.

the most popular and in demand Celestion is the Vintage 30. most found and most common Celestion is the T-75 which came in tons of marshall cabs for a very long time. you also have greenbacks that are popular, but they are only 25 watts IIRC, so that could be limiting. i like K100's the best (more so the K85's when they were made in England) they are the same speaker essentially but the RMS rating was bumped by celestion to 100 watts. you have soooooooo many options.

Eminence has a ton of different great speakers, i am not as familiar with them.

Ted Weber makes good speakers (i have a problem with him though, wont get into that :grr, regardless speakers sound great.

Warehouse makes clones of popular speakers, i have never played one, but the main attraction is the cost. the quality is supposed to be good as well.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If you in the US look at Eminence or WGS speakers. very nice speakers 1/2 the price of a Celestion, and they are made in the USA not China so you can help someone here pay their bills.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Eminence has a ton of different great speakers, i am not as familiar with them.
Ted Weber makes good speakers (i have a problem with him though, wont get into that :grr, regardless speakers sound great.Warehouse makes clones of popular speakers, i have never played one, but the main attraction is the cost. the quality is supposed to be good as well.
As everyone so far has mostly agreed, speakers will change your tone waaay more than tubes will. That said, if you're happy with your tone in general, but want to make a few small changes, trying different tubes would be a good idea. You won't really notice a big difference unless you know exactly what you're listening for, and/or you go from your stock Russian or Chinese tubes to NOS Mullards or Telefunkens or something like that. Besides, you would be wise to have some spare tubes at the ready, particularly if you gig.

So: Speakers = bigger change, tubes = subtle change.
BTW doesn't your V3 cab already have Celestion V30s in it? Or are they Carvin's OEM speakers?
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion