Page 1 of 2
in my opinion, the coolest thing is that it happened "A LONG TIME AGO" and in "A GALAXY FAR AWAY."

i'm sure in the star wars universe there are abandoned planets with quasi-intelligent life that nobody bothers to contact or visit really.

i have lots to say in this matter but i'm going to watch star wars instead. either that or i'm going to get some of the books.
here's some food for thought: If Star Wars really happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, and we were somehow observing those occurances through a telescope, we'd only be aware of it now due to the information having to traverse the distance at the speed of light, so we'd see it happening as if it were now, when in fact it happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.
The Jedi and lightsabers always amaze me. You should really read the books. There is actually this one series about this unknown alien race that comes from outside the galaxy, its pretty good. The Star Wars Universe seems so infinite.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
also, imagine if middle earth was once, or one day will be real, like, in 500,000 years
Quote by soundgarden1986
You should invest your time into finding ways to not like Star Wars.

haha
****ing romantic quest structure is what makes it awesome.

Oh Luke, you destined orphan of a dickhead father you, you're going to make it all the way from the farm to the throne of a brighter tomorrow. And I bet you're also going to learn in the end that it's all about compassion instead of vengeance! All hail King Arthur!
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Mar 6, 2012,
Easy.

Jar Jar.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by dullsilver_mike

Oh Luke, you destined orphan of a dickhead father you, you're going to make it all the way from the farm to the throne of a brighter tomorrow. And I bet you're also going to learn in the end that it's all about compassion instead of vengeance! All hail King Arthur!

i agree, romanticism is underrated
Quote by element4433
Easy.

Jar Jar.

Everything in this thread is now in Jar Jar Binks voice.
Bell Kelliher is the coolest thing about Star Wars
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by CoreysMonster
here's some food for thought: If Star Wars really happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, and we were somehow observing those occurances through a telescope, we'd only be aware of it now due to the information having to traverse the distance at the speed of light, so we'd see it happening as if it were now, when in fact it happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Well the nearest galaxy is Canis Major, which is 25,000 light years from Earth. That would place the events of star wars, at a minimum, as 23023 years ago (from the time of release of A New Hope).

We can make up some bullshit with gravitational time dilation to explain why the canon chronologically movies were released at a later date.

Another fun fact: Canis Major is closer to Earth than Earth is to the center of the Milky Way.
Last edited by Dirge Humani at Mar 6, 2012,
Quote by dullsilver_mike

And he eventually does turn to the dark side after palpatine's ghost finds its way to one of his pre-prepared clones.

Which is why reading Star Wars wikis will show you the true Dark Side of the force - the expanded universe post Return of the Jedi.

Quote by Dirge Humani
Well the nearest galaxy is Canis Major, which is 25,000 light years from Earth. That would place the events of star wars, at a minimum, as 23023 years ago.

We can make up some bullshit with gravitational time dilation to explain why the canon chronologically movies were released at a later date.

Another fun fact: Canis Major is closer to Earth than Earth is to the center of the Milky Way.

If the universe of Star Wars has faster than light travel, 23k years is more than enough for the remnants of the rebellion to have travelled all the way to our galaxy to colonise the planet that resembles that of the original state of Coruscant most - Earth.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Mar 6, 2012,
Quote by Trizek
The Jedi and lightsabers always amaze me. You should really read the books. There is actually this one series about this unknown alien race that comes from outside the galaxy, its pretty good. The Star Wars Universe seems so infinite.

+ ****ing 1
cat
Quote by ChrisBW

i've got an answer for you philosoraptor, but you might not like it...

it all starts with jar jar binks....

Jar Jar Binks, after the clone wars, decided to go on a mission to find and colonize a new planet where he would be king. He wanted to conquor the universe and he needed a throne...{srry}...

He didn't do this, as far as he knew--all he did was did loiter around a space canteena most of the time.

But one time while he was working on an interplanetary cruise ship he accidentally shot some of his dirty laundry into space. all of it was recovered except for a sock which caught a ride on an asteroid.

fast foreward three billion years and that sock had traveled pretty far. somehow, a single celled bacterium was resurrected after the asteroid crashed on earth.

this is where life on earth began.
Quote by objectivist
i've got an answer for you philosoraptor, but you might not like it...

it all starts with jar jar binks....

Jar Jar Binks, after the clone wars, decided to go on a mission to find and colonize a new planet where he would be king. He wanted to conquor the universe and he needed a throne...{srry}...

He didn't do this, as far as he knew--all he did was did loiter around a space canteena most of the time.

But one time while he was working on an interplanetary cruise ship he accidentally shot some of his dirty laundry into space. all of it was recovered except for a sock which caught a ride on an asteroid.

fast foreward three billion years and that sock had traveled pretty far. somehow, a single celled bacterium was resurrected after the asteroid crashed on earth.

this is where life on earth began.

On the other hand, I no longer want to live anymore.
I'd be here all night if I were to list all the reasons I liked Star Wars. My only two regrets are that I didn't watch them sooner and I didn't watch them with dad more before I moved out of state .
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Quote by PaulyVengeance
I like that bit at the end, ya know, with the music and the scrolling text?

Best part ever.

lolthatsatthebeginningstupid

trololol
Everything... but really the fact that it redefined the scifi genre. and also darth mal
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
Light Sabers, Jar Jar Binks, Darth Mauls' Saber, Jaba the Hut, and the sweet collectible coke cans they had way back in the day.

Edit: Oh and the pod races!! Go young skywalker!!
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Midichlorians. They explain things so simply for dummies like myself. Woo, prequels rule!! Jack Daniel's is the best whisky!! Santorum for prezzz!!!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by dullsilver_mike
...I enjoy a good troll as much as the next guy, but I can't abide by this sir.

i assume you've read Rand cuz she's in your signature?
I just finished Atlas Shrugged. I've also read Fountainhead and most of Anthem (skipped a few parts).
Quote by Deliriumbassist
What I find interesting is that we all know the little furry buggers on the moon of Endor are Ewoks, butthe word 'Ewok' is never mentioned in the film.

intrasting...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
What I find interesting is that we all know the little furry buggers on the moon of Endor are Ewoks, butthe word 'Ewok' is never mentioned in the film.
Hmm... never thought of that before.

But the best thing about Star Wars is Admiral Ackbar:
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Kensai
Midichlorians. They explain things so simply for dummies like myself. Woo, prequels rule!! Jack Daniel's is the best whisky!! Santorum for prezzz!!!

You owe me a sarcasm detector, because mine just exploded.
I liked how Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor, even though he's a wookie.

That does not make sense.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Julz127
I liked how Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor, even though he's a wookie.

That does not make sense.

I beg to differ.

"An immense, fur covered hero of great strength and loyalty, Chewbacca the Wookiee was a well-known figure in both the underworld and in the Rebel Alliance. Born on Kashyyyk over two centuries before the Battle of Yavin, Chewbacca was a wise, sophisticated being with exceptional skills in starship piloting and repair. He is a gentle giant, with compassionate blue-eyes set within a furry face. If his friends are threatened, though, Chewbacca unleashes his strength in a furious rage."
What I want to know is how all of those planets had an atmosphere that humans could breath.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
the bit when you build machines and structures to get to the blue diamonds
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by Minkaro

My little brothers were watching cartoon network this morning and there was a commercial about that. I don't know how they plan to bring him back. The guy was cut in half and fell down a shaft (that looked really fucking deep). What. The. Fuck.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Page 1 of 2