Hi i have reaper with asio 4all installed. When im using asio driver in reaper and headphones in pc, i only get sound trough headphones when im using reaper. For example if i go into youtube, etc, the sound comes from the pc speakers, and not trough headphones. Any ideas how to fix this?
Quote by Usernames sucks
Hi i have reaper with asio 4all installed. When im using asio driver in reaper and headphones in pc, i only get sound trough headphones when im using reaper. For example if i go into youtube, etc, the sound comes from the pc speakers, and not trough headphones. Any ideas how to fix this?

that's because it's not possible. You can't get both youtube sound (which goes through windows mixer) and output from reaper which goes through asio. Asio is low latency driver and it locks the device exclusively for itself, not allowing windows to use it simultaneously. Only solution i can think of is downloading the stuff from youtube and adding is as separate track to reaper and play it through that (or unplug your headphones and plug them into your speakers, if you don't need both youtube and reaper sounds playing at once.

edit: this is for windows, don't know about mac, but i suppose it would be something very similar
Last edited by KorYi at Mar 6, 2012,
Quote by KorYi
that's because it's not possible. You can't get both youtube sound (which goes through windows/mac mixer) and output from reaper which goes through asio. Asio is low latency driver and it locks the device exclusively for itself, not allowing windows to use it simultaneously. Only solution i can think of is downloading the stuff from youtube and adding is as separate track to reaper and play it through that (or unplug your headphones and plug them into your speakers, if you don't need both youtube and reaper sounds playing at once.

I'm afraid you're wrong. It is perfectly possible for I do it. I use Reaper and it is possible to split up where your sound is coming from.

If you're using windows vista/7, in the bottom right go to the speaker icon, open playback devices. You need to set your speakers as "Default Device" and your audio interface as "Default Communication Device".

That way, input goes through the interface and output comes through the speakers.
Quote by AJScott
I'm afraid you're wrong. It is perfectly possible for I do it. I use Reaper and it is possible to split up where your sound is coming from.

If you're using windows vista/7, in the bottom right go to the speaker icon, open playback devices. You need to set your speakers as "Default Device" and your audio interface as "Default Communication Device".

That way, input goes through the interface and output comes through the speakers.

i don't think we're both talking about the same thing.