Page 1 of 2
Hello guys, I can play all around on band from guitar down to drums. Then, I can also play violin, can read notes and can sing. In a conclusion, I can play drums, guitar, bass guitar, keyboard, piano, flute, violin and sing.

How many instrument you can play?
I am a bassist, I started out on guitar so I can still play that, and I do enjoy hitting the skins. as for singing... might as well get someone else too.
Guitar, bass, drum, harmonica, violin and just bought a ukulele.

Does tambourine count?
Is singing considered playing an instrument? If it is then I have 4.

Bass (Main), Guitar, Piano, and Vocals.
Eh Lol
guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, double bass, alto saxaphone (learning), harmonica, banjo.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by michmar389
Hello guys, I can play all around on band from guitar down to drums. Then, I can also play violin, can read notes and can sing. In a conclusion, I can play drums, guitar, bass guitar, keyboard, piano, flute, violin and sing.

I can play any instrument.
Quote by michmar389

One, but learning piano also. So hopefully two soon. Also, I believe troll, guys.
Guitar, a bit of bass, piano, ukulele and harmonica. But guitar is my main instrument.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Last edited by stealstrings at Mar 6, 2012,
I play guitar and that's enough for me right now. I can play a couple of short pieces on piano but I'm not functionnal with it. As they say: jack of all trades, master of none.
guitar, bass guitar, drums, piano/keyboard, harpsichord, organ, harmonica, mandolin, basic harp, and vocals.

and don't say that piano, harpsichord, and organ are all just "keyboard", the technique is vastly different, particularly for organ.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Guitar, Bass, Clarinet (Bb and Alto), Saxophone (alto and curly soprano), piano (not very well) and PENNY WHISTLE!!!!!!!!
Define "play" instrument.

To play at performance standard right now? Two.

Have played at performance standard in the past but would have to practice for a year before I would again add four more.

If you mean play "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"? after 10 minutes of screwing around ...
If I miss one day of practice, I notice it.
If I miss two days, the critics notice it.
If I miss three days, the audience notices it.

Ingacy Jan Paderewski (1860 - 1941)
Drums was my first (serious) instrument. I also can do some piano. So guitar, drums, piano. I'd name other instruments but I don't consider myself proficient at them, and instruments that I only played for a year or so as a child and then abandoned shouldn't really count.
Pretty much any stringed instrument, really. Guitar, bass, violin, mandolin, ukelele, et cetera... Just give me a few hours to get used to the new instrument and I can play it.

Piano, and associated keyboard instruments... Does my iPhone count? And my ocarinas. I haven't played drums, but I can play virtual drums triggered by finger presses.

If I can figure out how to make a note on it, I can play it with a little practice. But the above is what I've had experience with.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Quote by michmar389

You forgot the skin flute.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Every person I've known who has claimed to play more than about 2 instruments has blown absolute ass at all of them.

That's not to say this is always true, just that a lot of people have a very loose definition of "I know how to play this instrument".
Quote by :-D
Every person I've known who has claimed to play more than about 2 instruments has blown absolute ass at all of them.

That's not to say this is always true, just that a lot of people have a very loose definition of "I know how to play this instrument".

Not true. I know for a fact that TS is an expert skin flute player.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Not true. I know for a fact that TS is an expert skin flute player.

I'm going to write a toccata and fugue for skin flute just to prove my superiority at this instrument.
Can't wait to fee-I mean, hear it.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
No, that's ok. When it comes to this kind of music I like to be in the audience.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Ok now it's just starting to sound painful

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by jumpaside
I do enjoy hitting the skins. as for singing...

Who doesnt?

As for myself: Guitar, mandolin, Vocal, keyboard (poorly), Bass, Drums, and I've taken classes to teach and diagnose problems with woodwinds and brass instruments (can kinda play em if i had to)
Guitar, Clarinet, Keys, Foot Synths ( a la taurus) cello/bass, ukulele & bass clarinet.

lots.
I think there is a huge difference between what instrument you can play and what instrument you can master. for instance I was doing a cover that needed a violin, so I bought one. I brought it home and had the song learned in a few seconds by ear. Does that make me a good violin player no not really.

with that being said,

My main instrument is guitar, followed by my voice and piano. I also play violin, basss, drums and anything else I need for a song.
I'm Bored.

tumblr
<- follow me
I find it extremely difficult to believe you were able to pick up a violin and get a good sound out of it in a matter of seconds. I've had to invest hours into mine in order to be able to stop it from screeching and get anywhere near a decent feel for the instrument.

Perhaps you could elaborate a bit more? Did you practice any beforehand?
The only instrument that I am proficient at in the least is the guitar. I've been playing for 6 years, and I still have a lot to learn.

I'm working on the piano now, and in the future I'd like to learn my two favorite orchestral instruments--the oboe and the cello.

Quote by Sóknardalr
The only instrument I really play nowadays is the tenor saxophone. By "play" I mean practice seriously. But I can play a number of instruments. I'd be surprised if there are any musicians that simply can't play more than one instrument.

It's a personal goal of mine to learn and, if possible, become proficient in several different instruments. Right now, you are correct--I only truly "know" guitar. But I'd love to have a bunch of instruments in my future house that I could play on a whim.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Mar 7, 2012,
The only instrument I really play nowadays is the tenor saxophone. By "play" I mean practice seriously. But I can play a number of instruments. I'd be surprised if there are any musicians that simply can't play more than one instrument.
I've messed around with quite a few instruments, but I wouldn't brag about being able to play them all proficiently. For one it wouldn't be true, and 2, bragging is lame.
shred is gaudy music
^I can only play guitar. If I find a piano, I usually have to count around to where I am. So with that, I wouldn't say I can play piano. Once someone heard me on piano and thought I gave lessons in it... personally I think they were deaf.

*edit* meant for sok *
Page 1 of 2