Hey, I know that may sound a bit stupid this question but ...

If I play in the last strings on a guitar the "root" of each chord in a song, and set the low's to max in the amp, do you think I will have a "bass" just for fill in or is completly different?

cumpz
It'll still sound like a guitar, just very bassy. You'd be better looking for a pitch-shifting or octaver VST plug-in. That is, if you really want it to sound like a bass.
Guitars:
EVH Wolfgang Special LH
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013
Ibanez EW20LASE-NT LH

Effects:
BOSS GT-100

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410
Laney IRT Studio + 112 cab
You'd still be an octave up. You would fill out the low-end a little bit, but because you're playing in a higher register it won't make much difference
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Get a real bass
Other than that...check out Spectrasonics Trilian vst (google/youtube it).
I haven't used it myself (cos I got a *real* bass ;p), but I've heard some samples and it sounds pretty cool to my ears.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
And if i change de frequency too the freq. that have the E string in a bass, do you think that makes any difference?
Are you recording or just playing with people and don't have a bass player?

Early rock/country/rockabilly records featured upright bass, but often the picker player used an esquire, which had a tone choke, to cut all the treble in the signal. This gave a thick, but still snappy guitar tone, which combined with the bass made a "tic tac" tone.

I assume you're not doing anything similar or you'd have known that. The best option for getting a bass sound is finding the cheapest P bass copy you can find. Octave pedals will cost the same or more and still be a synthy unrealistic option.
Quote by askrere
The best option for getting a bass sound is finding the cheapest P bass copy you can find. Octave pedals will cost the same or more and still be a synthy unrealistic option.

+1

Some of my early recordings use an octave pedal and they aren't nearly as good as my more recent ones where I'm using a real bass. I got a Peavey Milestone III for about £70 a few years ago, I'm sure you could get something similar depending on your budget, but even if you don't have that much there will be used unbranded basses on ebay for about £40 (possibly even less if you get lucky).
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by meco66
just for recording

Well either way pretending is never the best way to do it, unless you just want to for that sound.

I'm thinking of getting a fuzz with octave up, so I can use it and my oc-3 for octaves in all directions.