On my latest google findings I've come across Joyo Pedals. Now these look too good to be true, True Bypass, metalcasing etc, before I bite the bullet and buy one of them to see if they are any good,

what does Ultimate Guitar think about them?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I was very skeptical at first, but they were only about$30-40 USD. So I went ahead and bought the digital delay pedal, and for what it is worth it is a great pedal. I have heard that the vintage overdrive is a pretty good pedal, especially for the price. The one thing I try to keep in mind is that they are very inexpensive and I lowered my standards on what to expect, and it performed very well. I would consider buying another one.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Thanks guys,

93 could you tell me what you think of it? I'm considering that or the delay myself.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
they're really very nice indeed for the money.

however, out of the ones i've tried, i'd maybe avoid the chorus (unless mine is faulty, i've only tried mine ). it's still decent for the money, but is a little noisy and not just as rich-sounding as some other analogue choruses i've tried- the tonerider one is better for not *that* much more.

conversely i think i like the delay better than the tonerider one. The TR one does feel and sound more analogue (someone who's reverse-engineered it will probably be in soon to say it's a hybrid one too just to make me look silly ), but it's quite hard to dial in the exact amount of delay and mix, and mine has a massive volume drop in my fx loop, making it unusable there, basically.

joyo delay is a hybrid analogue/digital one with the pt2399 chip, i think. it's pretty nice, very easy to dial in. pretty warm-sounding, though, so if you want a pristine digital-type delay it won't be what you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've got the Ultimate Drive and honestly the thing sounds better than a lot of ~$150-200 ODs I've used. Definitely blows the shit out of any Boss OD. Solid construction, true bypass, etc. Haven't had any problems at all out of it. I'll probably buy more stuff from them in the future, honestly. I know they're very, very cheap, but trust me - these are not Behringers.
Quote by Dave_Mc
they're really very nice indeed for the money.

however, out of the ones i've tried, i'd maybe avoid the chorus (unless mine is faulty, i've only tried mine ). it's still decent for the money, but is a little noisy and not just as rich-sounding as some other analogue choruses i've tried- the tonerider one is better for not *that* much more.

conversely i think i like the delay better than the tonerider one. The TR one does feel and sound more analogue (someone who's reverse-engineered it will probably be in soon to say it's a hybrid one too just to make me look silly ), but it's quite hard to dial in the exact amount of delay and mix, and mine has a massive volume drop in my fx loop, making it unusable there, basically.

joyo delay is a hybrid analogue/digital one with the pt2399 chip, i think. it's pretty nice, very easy to dial in. pretty warm-sounding, though, so if you want a pristine digital-type delay it won't be what you want.

Somehow I had a feeling you'd post in here.

I'll check the Toneriderone out, cheers Dave.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by The Last Dandy
I've got the Ultimate Drive and honestly the thing sounds better than a lot of ~$150-200 ODs I've used. Definitely blows the shit out of any Boss OD. Solid construction, true bypass, etc. Haven't had any problems at all out of it. I'll probably buy more stuff from them in the future, honestly. I know they're very, very cheap, but trust me - these are not Behringers.

Will check that one out, but it seems that a "boutique" builder has been buying these and repainting them and passing them off as $160 pedals.

So they might be good, but I've got a Bad Monkey, so I don't need an Overdrive right now.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Their Classic Flanger is pretty good.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Isn't the ultimate overdrive a straight up OCD clone?

I ordered one a couple days ago on that premise and the good reviews it gets. Just got my shipping notice this morning.

From what I've read that seems to be the general gist of it,

someone would know more about them than me though.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by The Last Dandy

the UD has a buffered bypass (or at least mine do)

Quote by Fisheth24
Somehow I had a feeling you'd post in here.

I'll check the Toneriderone out, cheers Dave.

and yeah the UD is meant to be an OCD clone, but (a) i've never actually tried an OCD and (b) there are like 4 different versions of the OCD and I'm not sure which version it's a clone of (or maybe it's a mixture). there's a schematic on freestompboxes.org, i think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Will check that out,

Would you say it's better than a Bad Monkey?

Or just different sounding?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
never actually tried a bad monkey

i was under the impression it (BM) was more tubescreamery (though not an exact clone either).

the ocd is a good bit different, far as i'm aware. It's more like a distortion, but uses mosfets to clip for softer clipping.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Mosfets?

I'm a technical n00b. Haha.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
they're a type of transistor, i think. supposedly clip a bit like tubes (again, i think).

so am i
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think Fet stands for some type of transistor, so I think you're right.

I'll look into em a bit more.

Thanks Dave
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
yeah an fet is a field effect transistor i think.

aside from that i have no idea.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Fisheth24
Will check that one out, but it seems that a "boutique" builder has been buying these and repainting them and passing them off as $160 pedals.

So they might be good, but I've got a Bad Monkey, so I don't need an Overdrive right now.

Yeah, the company in question buys them, makes one tiny mod to the PCB that costs about $5 to do and marks them up to nearly $200. They even have employees flagging/spamming the hell out of every comparison video on YouTube and calling anyone who calls them out on it liars and going on and on about how much better their pedal sounds despite the fact that it's been traced back and proven pretty conclusively that it's the exact same pedal. Oh well, technically there's nothing that can be done about it (it's impossible to copyright a circuit) no matter how lame it is. Just do your research and don't buy anything from shitty companies that do things like that.

For the record I wasn't so much suggesting you run out and buy the Ultimate Drive right now (though really you should, it's great), I was more or less attesting to Joyos being pretty decent quality stuff for no more than they cost. You're not gonna beat -most- of their pedals for the same price.

For everybody asking about the OCD thing, there's several side-by-side comparisons online - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ4mKOuy8bo

and there's also a comparison of the Vintage OD to the TS9 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rWid6aO0_Y
yeah i mean most of them are pretty nice pedals full stop. the fact they're £25 is the icing on the cake.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah i mean most of them are pretty nice pedals full stop. the fact they're £25 is the icing on the cake.

Where have you been buying them from?

Everywhere I've looked has them for thirty
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
thomann, sold under the harley benton brandname. though that's a false economy unless you buy at least a couple (because of the 10 euro postage charge). but you get a 3-year warranty, which is handy (and also if my experience with thomann is anything to go by, they won't even ask you to send them back if they're faulty). of course, depending on your credit card, you might get ripped on the exchange rate and end up saving very little

i think coda has got them in stock too for more like £27. but then it has a £4 postage charge, so again you'd need to get a couple to make much difference (and if you do you might as well just get them from thomann to get the 3-year warranty).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
thomann, sold under the harley benton brandname. though that's a false economy unless you buy at least a couple (because of the 10 euro postage charge). but you get a 3-year warranty, which is handy (and also if my experience with thomann is anything to go by, they won't even ask you to send them back if they're faulty). of course, depending on your credit card, you might get ripped on the exchange rate and end up saving very little

i think coda has got them in stock too for more like £27. but then it has a £4 postage charge, so again you'd need to get a couple to make much difference (and if you do you might as well just get them from thomann to get the 3-year warranty).

They're the same pedals?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
yeah i think so. they look identical apart from the name badge. (there are some harley benton pedals which are beta aivins, they're different, i don't mean them, they look completely different).

actually... the couple that i have both from joyo and harley benton do sound slightly different (though i think the delays are identical). However, as far as i'm aware joyo recently did a new version of those pedals, so it might just be that they're different versions.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?