New member but been using ug for years an before i even say anything im tired of the new guitar questions my self but its hard not to ask if you cant go out an play the models your seeking but here it goes anyway looking to purchase a new guitar right now i have an ltd mh1000 on hold at guitar center its marked down to 500 someone orderd it an never picked it up but also wondering about some of jacksons line new or used doesnt matter dinky or soloist an maybe even the new charvel dx1 ive plyed one an it was a pretty good feeling peice does anyone have any thoughts on the mid level jacksons like the dxmg or the slx models or should i hold off an find a dk2 or something like i said before not to familier with the jacksons just dont have access to play any so anyone have thoughts also looking to try an stay around 600
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Sorry I know it looks bad doing it from a cell phone. Trying to pass time while I'm in the hospital.
LTD are good guitars but I prefer my Jackson. My SL3 Soloist is the best guitar I've ever played and I believe those a little further down the range are also quite impressive. However, a Jackson is without doubt, a Rock/Metal guitar. If I want more versatility I turn to my PRS instead.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
The Pro series is generally good. It's only a licensed Floyd but the Jackson-licensed Floyds are usually of better quality than most others so if you don't give it dog's abuse it should be fine. Whether it's a good price depends on where you are. I live in the UK and I can get a new one here for £450. Looking at the new specification, the neck and middle pickups are only Duncan Designed so you can probably assume they're crap but the JB in the bridge is decent and has a really good 80s Rock/Metal tone to it. It's a good guitar but if I were to pick faults with it I'd say two of the pickups and the trem.

To give you an alternative, I'd SERIOUSLY consider an Ibanez S570

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/ibanez-s570b-wh-white/33885

None of the pickups are that great but they can be replaced easily for something better when you want to and they're a lot easier to upgrade than the trem on the Jackson. It also has an H-S-H configuration, which I much prefer to the H-S-S of the Jackson. Where it scores heavily over the Jackson is the trem, which is one of the best you can get and is certainly the best you can get in a guitar that isn't costing a fortune. I love my Jackson but if I was spending that kind of money and wanted a locking trem, I'd get the Ibanez instead. If I could live without a locking trem (you aren't likely to use it as much as you think) I'd get a PRS SE Custom 24

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/prs-se-custom-24-grey-black/51564

This is simply one of the best guitars I've ever played. I love it.
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
So basiclly it compares to an hss strat? Well the mh1000 is sounding much better but ill try out the ibanez
Very open plus I like unpainted necks.
In that case you're making a big mistake in my opinion. Firstly, a DK2 is nothing like a Strat or at least, if you are going to make that comparison, you might as well make it with any HSS guitar that is vaguely in that price bracket. Secondly, an MH-1000 is at least £300 more expensive than either of the alternative guitars mentioned above and all you essentially get for that is a genuine Floyd Rose and some rather generic sounding active pickups. The OFR is certainly a better trem but not worth anything like £300 and as for the pickups, that depends entirely on what you like. They're popular with Metal players but they lack the ultimate tone of passive pickups and having some decent mahogany and maple in the MH1000 is a waste of time because active pups tend to sound the same regardless of the guitar they go in. Personally I wouldn't buy a guitar with active pickups at all because I find the tone bland and it's a pain to change the pickups to passives as you need to change the electrics too. Save £300 on the Ibanez and you could put a full set of Bare Knuckle pickups in it and still have change and Bare Knuckle pickups are the best you can get being entirely hand made from hand selected, vintage correct materials. All that and you still get a locking trem that's very nearly as good as an OFR. If you really want an OFR and active pickups, get the PRS SE Torero which will be a much better instrument and nearly £100 cheaper.
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1