I have been trying to find an answer for this for awhile.. Can I connect a JCA20H and a BH5H to a JCA24S 2x12 cab and switch between them with a Live Wire ABY1 box???
GEAR:

Gibson 1980 Les Paul Firebrand
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Ibanez RG-160b
Sx Furrian
Ibanez RG-7321
Jet City JCA20H + Bugera 212V-BK
If you can set both of your amps to 16 ohms, then yes.

EDIT: Looked up all your gear. Plug one head into the "Left" and the other head into the "Right" input with speaker cables, set the switch on your cab to "Stereo", and you'll be good to go.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Mar 6, 2012,
As above. Use one stereo input per head. Don't use the ABY, you'll blow it up and probably take the amps with it.

Edit: you can put the ABY between your guitar and the amp's inputs to select them. Don't ever put it between an amp and cab, though.
Each amp needs to see a load otherwise you will fry your output transformer.
That Live wire won't do it.

Look into the realm of attenuators. Maybe someone did an oddball one.
You can do it if you have a stereo cabinet.

Edit:
NM...yeah, you can..s stated above.
didn't know it was a stereo cab.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Mar 6, 2012,
The Radial Headbone is an ABY switch made specifically for switching two heads between one cab. Mark Tremonti uses one in his live rig.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/radial-engineering-headbone-vt-amp-head-switcher-for-tube-amps

The reason the rating is so low is because one person didn't fill in any stars in the "overall" space of their review
Hagstrom Swede w/Bare Knuckle Black Dogs
Peavey JSX
Avatar Contemporary 2x12 (Celestion V30/G12K100)
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Dunlop DVP1 Volume
JHS Sweet Tea
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Digitech Hardwire RV-7 Reverb
thank you guys so much! you answered my questions perfectly!
GEAR:

Gibson 1980 Les Paul Firebrand
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Ibanez RG-160b
Sx Furrian
Ibanez RG-7321
Jet City JCA20H + Bugera 212V-BK
For the price of that headbone he could just buy another cab. It's a really specialized piece of gear that doesn't make a lot of sense for most people.
Quote by Roc8995
For the price of that headbone he could just buy another cab. It's a really specialized piece of gear that doesn't make a lot of sense for most people.

although true, if space or ease of transport is an issue, this is obviously smaller and easier to lug around than a second cab. just sayin.
Radial makes a switcher for this
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com