Ear Master is good, you can use the default Tutor to take you through interval, chord, progression and rhythm exercises or you can customize your own exercises. Haven't used Auralia.
The only free trainer I know of is the one on Teoria, which to be fair, is actually pretty good.

http://www.teoria.com/exercises/index.php

I'd say Ear Master is worth it because of how it is structured. The Teoria website has some of the same exercises as Ear Master but it leaves the user with too much control and doesn't keep track of your progress (at least not on a long term basis), so unless you're disciplined and know what you need to work on, I would say Ear Master is the better trainer.
Quote by BL1NDSIDE-J
anyone have experience with any software such as Ear Master or Auralia?

I actually am not crazy about the approach Earmaster takes, with it's emphasis on interval recognition. In my experience, functional training (recognizing a pitch relative to a key center) is much more valuable. This is what you get from transcribing exercises, and from the functional ear trainer.

The Functional Ear Trainer is free, and while it will seem like greek when you first start using it, it really works. Download it from Miles.Be. It only does one thing (teach you to recognze pitches relative to a key center) but that one thing is incredibly valuable. And did I mention that it's completely free?

For more complex stuff - chords, inversions, chord progressions - I always recommend Keith Wyatt et al's "Ear Training for the Contemporary Musician." Wyatt teaches the ear training course at MI, he really knows his stuff, and you'll learn a lot of theory while working through this book - I can't recommend it highly enough.

There is more of an emphasis in this book on transcribing rather than interval recognition, but that seems to be the way that gets the best results. One could consider the book, essentially, a course in transcribing that starts with very simple patterns and works its way up to very complex ones.