So I've been looking for a new guitar for some time now, and have come across several options, right now there's an offer for a JS30WR going for 140 euros. New one is 250 and nobody has it at the moment. I know almost for a fact that it was bought about three months ago. It has a small dent on one of it's fins. If it's not against the rules, I'll post a direct link to it.

As I've explained some time before, I'm after a nice metal guitar, and all I have right now is Aria STG-003, Vox Pathfinder 15R and Jamlab. Buying this guitar could save me money for Epiphone LP studio that I've planned to buy in some future or if I sell Vox, maybe a new amp.

So my questions are, is the guitar worth it (I think I might be able to get it down to 100, or perhaps trade my Aria in - tho I'd rather not), and if I was to take it, to what do I need to pay attention when I'm testing it, my main concern is electronics/pups, switches and simiar?
Seems like a good deal man. Here is a list for what to do and look for.

1. Scan the body and neck looking for imperfections *take a mental note of every single imperfection you see* If nothing serious is wrong then on to step 2.

2. Look down the length of the fretboard and check for the neck being warped, if the neck has a bow then it should be consistant. If the bow is inconsistant and bends in 2 directions or bends in one part of the neck but straight in another then put the guitar down and walk away. If any bowing it has is consistant then on to step 3.

3. Testing: Make sure the guitar is tuned or at least in relative tuning so that you may play it. Play it and check for dead frets, fret buzz, and rough frets. If the fret buzz is minimal and there are no dead frets then focus on finding all rough frets. Again take a mental note of any fret buzz and rough spots you find. If there is a lot of fretbuzz or a few dead frets then again its best to just put the guitar down and walk away. Now on to step 4.

4. Plug it in assuming the seller has an amp, if you have a pocket amp I suggest bringing it with you. Now play it and check every pickup position and turn all the knobs slowly and listen for any crackling and sudden jumps in tone change or volume change. If the volume or tone change is sudden when adjusting the knobs take another mental note. If the electronics work then on to step 5.

5. Time to start making a deal, give the seller the offer of the amount you prefer to pay. If he refuses then its time to start the fun part. Remember all those mental notes you took of every imperfection, explain to him in detail every thing you found wrong and persuade him to accept your offer. If you have to pay his asking price then think about the condition it is in and how much you like it to decide if you are willing to pay him asking price. Otherwise just try to get him as low as you can even if its above your preferred price.

Take what I say with a grain of rice, this is just some guidelines and not an actual Required To Do list. But doing this I have managed to trade off a single $300 guitar for 2 guitars worth collectively $650 *plus a tweed HSC*
Wow, that's what I call advice! Thanks a ton, man! I'll contact the seller to get a little look-see at the axe, see if it's any good. Even tho I'm kinda discouraged by those nicks it has, makes you wonder the amount of care the guitar's had, my Strat is still mint aside from a bit of dirt in some places, and I haven't been too gentle with it. Thanks again man!