Hi,

I am considering a 2007 Ibanez RG1570 i have been playing Les Paul, Explorer and V since mid 90's

Does anyone have any input on how that guitar is like and if 2007 is good year and what specs it has.

Thanks,
It'll be a definite different feel from your current guitars: thinner/wider/flatter neck, floating bridge and basswood body. But it's a very good quality guitar for the money and usually a steal when bought at used prices! I'd be buying a new one if I hadn't found a killer deal on a used rg3570z on ebay last week

Specs:

http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/RG1570

The only weak spot would be the stock pickups. I actually don't mind the v7/v8 on my rga121, but it's possible that the mahogany body on that guitars works better than the basswood of the rg1570??
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
To add to ^, try to get the Edge Pro bridge model, fantastic trem.
I think my rg1570 is a 2007, not home to check, but its a fantastic guitar all around now with a set of bkps in there. The neck and scale length might put you off, try it out before buying. Rather thin neck and long scale.
^ I also think my RG1570 is a 2007, with added BKPs.... Snap!

Good guitars though. As has been mentioned, stock P/Us leave a bit to be desired, but they can easily be swapped out for something much better.
Adam
Go for it and change the pickups, worthy guitar. I love mine!
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
I have the lefty version, made in '08. Imo its a great guitar, comfortable and easy to play, for me at least, trem stays in tune its got an Edge Pro, i may be wrong but i don't think the edge zeros were introduced onto the Rg1570s until '11, so you should be fine there. Would certainly recommend it.
Is the edge pro a better system compared to the edge zero in the new models?
The 07 is still the edge pro. You can verify the year by the first 2 digits after the J in the serial number (backside of the headstock).

The edge zero should be just as stable as the edge pro, but the ZPS unit will make it feel "heavier" than the edge pro. If you're looking for the crazy signature Ibanez trem warble effect, you're not going to like it. I do like the edge zero pop-in bar & collar on my new-to-me rg3570z.

Out of all the trems I've used, I prefer the lo-pro edge from my 1993 saber. IMO the best trem ever made!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I have one its a good guitar, but its geared towards metal and hard rock..so IMHO its not a very versatile guitar... but it is very well built and hardware ( except for the pickups) is top notch..

I should also mention that it has a very thin neck, so it would be quite an awkward transition for you if youre accustomed to les pauls, so I highly suggest you try one out before reaching any conclusions
Last edited by archenemyfan at Mar 7, 2012,
Hope to make it over to the music store on
Lunch break tomorrow to test one :-)
Managed to slip away from the office for some quality time in the music store. The Ibanez played very well and the new Edge zero seems really nice too. BUT as you all say the pick ups were not up to my standard. What pups do you owners use today?
Depends on what you want. I'm not 100% sold on the tone zone in my rg3570z. Seems a little middy and bright, but I'd imagine that's a combo of basswood body, 6505 & mesa 4x12. The v7/v8 combo is not nearly as bright with my rga121. If I had of bought a 1570, I was thinking about Dimarzio crunchlab & liquifire.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Tone Zone and Air Norton is a good set, I'm throwing a set into my rg470 soon.
I have Bkp Aftermaths in my rg1570.
I have a 2009 with the Edge Pro. I put in an Evolution and Breed, left the single coil stock. It's better than before, but not by that much. I could have lived with the stock pickup set, it's not nearly as bad as people say.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Wish they sold fillers for the middle single coil. Never use them!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
If I go for the Ibanez I'd like some mean Metal pups installed since that will be its sole purpose
Quote by Heppe
If I go for the Ibanez I'd like some mean Metal pups installed since that will be its sole purpose

If you dont mind burning $$, the Bkp Aftermaths, Painkillers, Nailbombs, and the overly hot Warpigs are all awesome.
Cool! The Bkps seems very interesting ang given exchange rate gbp for sek it is not out of range pricewise at the moment :-)
I have a Marshall valvestate 80w with 2x12 inside had it since '94 :-)
At $300 minimum for a matched pair of BKPs, I would think you'd want to put that money towards a better amp. For less than half the price of the higher output BKPs, you could just get a crunch lab & liquifire set.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Just got back from the music store with a brand new Ibanez RG1570Z
Awesome! We need pics!

And yeah, I need some better weather so I can take my 3570z outside for some pics :P
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Swap for nice pickup is needed. Edge pro trem is pretty nice. Neck is thin, flat, perfectly crafted. Nice for shredding too. Not a sustain monster but has enough sustain.
I will post some pics tomorrow, and for pups I'll probably go for Bare knuckles but it will have to wait a while....
Last edited by Heppe at Mar 10, 2012,