Simply, you can't without re-installing them with a disc. So, unless you want to fork over the money for a disc, you're screwed.

Do what Banana man says and download and install Open Office. It works exactly the same as pre-2007 MS Office (Before the crappy ribbon interface) and is free.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
...or you could just use Google Docs...
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
In order of recommendation:
1) Buy a copy.
2) Use a free software instead.
3) Be a pirate.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
Quote by rjdusa
In order of recommendation:
1) Buy a copy.
2) Use a free software instead.
3) Be a pirate.

Why is buy a copy above download equivalent free software?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
Why is buy a copy above download equivalent free software?

Potential compatibility issues.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
OpenOffice is free and is exactly the same, you can save word files in .doc format to use it at school.

There's no reason not to get it if you don't want to pay.
I use Open Office since i have a Mac and don't want to pay for Word. It's works exactly the same.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Open Office is good. Mac is good. You cannot "Copy" program files from programs that are installed onto a machine.

You need to install it for yourself. Buy it, download it illegaly or use something like Open Office.
You could probably buy Microsoft stuff from your school library for super cheap.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by jgbsmith
get a mac.

then he still has the same issue, last i checked word isnt free on a mac

openoffice is absolutely garbage.

google docs is only good for collaborative editing
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
openoffice is absolutely garbage.

It does exactly the same as word and is free, I fail to see how it's garbage.
Open Office is a pain in the arse to use, makes everything awkward. I prefer using wordpad tbh
Quote by Duffman123
Open Office is a pain in the arse to use, makes everything awkward. I prefer using wordpad tbh

I've been using it for the last three years and I haven't had any issues.
I've been using wordpad for the last year and I haven't had any issues.
I use openoffice, but i'll agree that it's not the same as Word. It just feels cheaper and just different overall.
pinga
fvck wordpad, i use notepad for the true hipster

open office why not?
-junk grammar check -> yes this is important
-open office -> no macro support
-open office -> doesnt support advanced plot abilities
-majority of documents are supplied in .doc or .docx, while OO writer can read these, it regularly mucks up the positioning

personal opinion
-ribbon interface is much more fluid once you understand it

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6

open office why not?
-junk grammar check -> yes this is important
-open office -> no macro support
-open office -> doesnt support advanced plot abilities
-majority of documents are supplied in .doc or .docx, while OO writer can read these, it regularly mucks up the positioning

personal opinion
-ribbon interface is much more fluid once you understand it

SO MUCH THIS tbh
Open office, or buy it if you can't part from the Word ...

or
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

open office why not?
-junk grammar check -> yes this is important - Learn to write.
-open office -> no macro support - What?*
-open office -> doesnt support advanced plot abilities - What?*
-majority of documents are supplied in .doc or .docx, while OO writer can read these, it regularly mucks up the positioning - Happens occassionaly, but is no big deal.

*Seeing as TS is talking about his school computer, I daresay all he needs a word processor for is typing up essays, which Open Office does just fine for free.
Quote by Todd Hart
Post.

Learn to write* the worst argument ever, having a tool to aid in anything is always a positive, and a shitty grammar engine on a writing document is simply pathetic.
Instead of a person using a ship to cross the ocean, do you tell people to learn to swim?

Macros, google them if you dont know what they are.

Advanced plots, you know, graphs, i require them for my university program, you can google what a graph is if you dont know what that is. Advanced plots with Word automatically update with Excel, and have multiple settings in Word, last time i used OO, the plots were garbage.

Occasionally can be improved to never, simply by having Word.

Quote by Todd Hart
*Seeing as TS is talking about his school computer, I daresay all he needs a word processor for is typing up essays, which Open Office does just fine for free.

I was asked why not OO, i gave answers.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Mar 6, 2012,
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Learn to write* the worst argument ever, having a tool to aid in anything is always a positive, and a shitty grammar engine on a writing document is simply pathetic.
Instead of a person using a ship to cross the ocean, do you tell people to learn to swim?

It's free, what do you expect? So long as you can competently proof-read then there's no issue - and to be fair, the ability to proof-read isn't a difficult one to develop.

Macros, google them if you dont know what they are.

Advanced plots, you know, graphs, i require them for my university program, you can google what a graph is if you dont know what that is.

Effort, and seeing as TS is still in school I doubt any of his essays will require graph work, and if they do then he could always use another program to arrange them on the page and then attach it as an appendix. It would take a whole extra five minutes, but would be free.

Occasionally can be improved to never, simply by having Word.

Which costs money.
Quote by Todd Hart
It's free, what do you expect? So long as you can competently proof-read then there's no issue - and to be fair, the ability to proof-read isn't a difficult one to develop.

Effort, and seeing as TS is still in school I doubt any of his essays will require graph work, and if they do then he could always use another program to arrange them on the page and then attach it as an appendix. It would take a whole extra five minutes, but would be free.

Which costs money.

Okay let me rephrase my post on last page.

Open Office: absolutely garbage for my needs. A possibility for others depending on their requirements.

We happy?

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Okay let me rephrase my post on last page.

Open Office: absolutely garbage for my needs. A possibility for others depending on their requirements.

We happy?

Was happy anyway, I just didn't see why you were giving OO such a hard time, but then you use functions that I don't: I'm an English student, so all of my work is simply essays with exorbitant word counts.
Quote by Todd Hart
Was happy anyway, I just didn't see why you were giving OO such a hard time, but then you use functions that I don't: I'm an English student, so all of my work is simply essays with exorbitant word counts.

Oh okay yeah fair enough, im in engineering so the use is clearly quite different

on that note i have a midterm in 20 mins i really should leave to

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
And yeah I just torrent Word these days, no shame. I've lost a few legit versions after reinstalling windows and it should come free with a laptop with windows installed on it anyway imo
Quote by muffinduck01
Simply, you can't without re-installing them with a disc. So, unless you want to fork over the money for a disc, you're screwed.

Do what Banana man says and download and install Open Office. It works exactly the same as pre-2007 MS Office (Before the crappy ribbon interface) and is free.

What? I really found it to be much more convenient once I learnt where everything I needed was.

Also, I gotta love how great word is with Maths and Physics coursework and so forth. The maths addon there is brilliant too.

Quote by JimmyBanks6
Advanced plots, you know, graphs, i require them for my university program, you can google what a graph is if you dont know what that is. Advanced plots with Word automatically update with Excel, and have multiple settings in Word, last time i used OO, the plots were garbage.

Have you heard about GeoGebra? A brilliant program for plotting graphs with bunch of nice functions. I did physics, chemistry and mathematics in upper secondary (equivalent to A-levels somewhat), and I used that program a lot in all three of those subjects. You should check it out.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Mar 6, 2012,
I gave up using OO one day when I tried using it it to open a Powerpoint biochemistry lecture about metabolic pathways. I had never seen so many arrows pointing randomly in all directions before or since then. For me, it was just worth the money to buy the Office suite instead of dealing with compatibility headaches.