Hi guys, it's been a while since I last posted here but folk seemed to like my band back then. We've just done our first proper music video. I put it up on youtube about a week ago and so far the feedback has been pretty good.

I'd like some UG feedback on it

So anyway here is Underclass - Beat Your Fist

Oh and I'm the one dealing with the trolls so let's keep it constructive guys

Cheers
Nice work.

The video is REALLY dark and low rez...?
With the relative cheapness of work lights/studio filters and HD cameras nowadays If you really want to promote your band and do it justice - there is just no excuse for poor production.

Your work will still have a DIY feel to it (I'm assuming none of you are professional film-makers) but to have a pretty good piece of music presented with such a low-fi video, you're not going to get the mass-appeal and mass-positivity that you are hoping for!

The song, for me anyway, is take it or leave it - sounds much like other neo-blues radio rock nowadays, nice voice though! But without the advantage of a REALLY nice high-rez video people will look elsewhere.

Similarly - if you had an AWESOME HD video, but poor sound quality, people would pass.
With this day and age of high rez EVERYTHING, people are spoiled, and because media super-saturates our lives if it's not up to snuff it gets passed over.

I LOVE the coda-chrome stuff you did. (or whatever that effect is called with cartooning the girl)
And I like the overall feel/theme of the vid...but again, I'm not your average youtube viewer.

Please don't think that I'm just dumping on your video, because I'm not.
I just want to help and hopefully give you a push in the right direction!

My advice - take this video down, reshoot, and re-upload in High-rez/high-def!

OR alternatively leave it up as is, but it will never go viral as it is.

Check this out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2NXavzZO6E
very cool video done by a friend of mine. VERY DIY - he IS a professional film-maker..but they shot the ENTIRE thing on HD iphones!!! The outcome wouldn't have been half as cool if it was low rez and dark. Consequently wouldn't have gotten over 31,000 hits if it wasn't so good. Cause let's face it, the song isn't that great...lol

Anyway, that is my 2cents for what it's worth.

HTH!
SF
Yeah none of us really had a clue what we were doing. It was actually our mate that came up with the idea and did most of it. We just kind of showed up and played in a tunnel! I'll take this on board and see what the others think. Your mates vid is cool as well.

I appreciate the honesty