So, it's that time of my finnish course again that we have to read a book and write a report about it. We were given a limited choice of categories, and a some kind of a book about metal music history or bands would fit into one of those categories, as long as it's a real book, not a list of best albums or something like that. Any suggestions? I have a little bit over two weeks to read it, and it should be commonn enough to be found in a finnish library.
You could try looking for Metallica's biography. If my school library, of all places, has it, you should be able to find it.
The Dirt

/Thread
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by ChamsRock
You could try looking for Metallica's biography. If my school library, of all places, has it, you should be able to find it.

Not a bad idea, but if possible, i'd like to read something that kind of covers more about metal music. But a biography sounds good, maybe metallica, and I remember seeing a Slayer biography at our library. could try that.
It seems for some reason,many books about metal keep listing AC/DC as metal,when they're actually hard rock.

Should i write to the author of the books and tell them that they're wrong?
Geology Quarterly?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Metallurgy Monthly
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Tony Iommi's biography is really good. It's well written, IMO, but I don't know if it's available in finnish.
Quote by andyscoot
Swedish Death Metal. Though most likely won't be at the library.

That sounds really good, I'll try to find it. Or maybe I could read it as a pdf from my computer, but im not sure if were allowed to do that though...
Quote by guitar/bass95
That sounds really good, I'll try to find it. Or maybe I could read it as a pdf from my computer, but im not sure if were allowed to do that though...

Can you not find it on Amazon or something? It's a really good read if you're into the genre.
The Dirt... And don't give me any shit on their "br00tal metalness"
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Lords of Chaos: The Bloody Rise of the Satanic Metal Underground. Was incredibly well reviewed, and the 50 or so pages I've read have been great so far.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Quote by IWasMaiden93
The Dirt... And don't give me any shit on their "br00tal metalness"

This. I'm not a fan of their music, but I bought the book after reading reviews. It's amazing these guys haven't died from some sort of STD infection or drug abuse. Well technically, Nikki Sixx was dead for a little while from a heroin overdose, but it's a miracle the guy is still alive.
Quote by theogonia777
Geology Quarterly?

LOL

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Todd Hart
Read a proper book.

This is my recommendation also.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by hey_guys553
pride and prejudice.
its off the hook, man.

What?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by hey_guys553
pride and prejudice And Zombies
its off the hook, man.

Fix'd
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
As much as I don't like him, I found Ozzy Osbourne's autobiography quite interesting.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
There's a book someone left at my work called 'The book of Metal' with an A-Z listing of influential metal. On the same two pages as ACDC who only had a blurb was a blurb about Bryan Adams and a full page pic of Bryan Adams rocking out.

Also mentioned were Foreinger, Journey, Toto, ELO and Yes. And its called The Book of Metal!

So I recommend that one.
I can't remember who wrote it, but there's a book about the life of a metalfan from the age of about twelve that I read and I thought it was pretty interesting, cause it goes through Genre's of Metal and the guitars too.

It's called Hellbent For Leather, but can't remember the author. Sorry.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by ChamsRock

Make sure to stop reading it after cliff dies.
iron FUCKING maiden!!!