Just wondering what sort of string spacing a lot of you prefer, i realise the difference is tiny.

I've never really thought about differences in spacing until now when ordering a custom tele body. I've had to send exact bridge dimensions.

I hear modern bridges tend to have 10.8mm spacing (54mm) and vintage guitars have 10.5mm. Is that correct?

Haven't come across any fender made hardtail bridges spaced 54mm on UK sites yet
i like wider string spacing i feel cramped on narrow necks having said that i dont know any exact measurements and the rest of the neck matters as well
I imagine i would as well. I've never measured the string spacing of my guitars. I'll have to make sure i get a neck to allow for this then?
I have no idea what it is, but the spacing on my Eclipse is just amazing for me.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Not sure about that. My RG2228's spacing is 7mm at the nut, and 10mm at the bridge. I suppose I enjoy the smaller string-spacing. A little harder to pop and slap, though.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
I can't find a ruler but I'm guessing my Damien 8's spacing is about 6mm at the nut and 10mm at the bridge. My other guitars have much wider spacing, but I find this really comfortable, although I did struggle with string skipping a bit on it at first.
Yeah, i'm guessing the .3 of a mm difference between each string is going to be hardly obvious. But i've got to be exact for the luthier so I'm going to opt for the larger
Quote by Hammy135
Yeah, i'm guessing the .3 of a mm difference between each string is going to be hardly obvious. But i've got to be exact for the luthier so I'm going to opt for the larger

I don't understand. Is he making a custom bridge?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X