im thinking of putting these in my LP. was curious if anyone else on here has played or owned these monsters.....as they are not cheap and kinda hard to get a hold of for demo purposes.
model of pickups in question? style of music? amp? existing guitar?
Quote by MrChief
tbh i wanted to watch 2 girls one cup , and the website i clicked on was totally corrupt.

and the video was sick.

Current gear:
Slash Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Hiwatt G50R
BOSS ME-50
I have a painkiller in the bridge of my 7, and I like it. my 7 is alder though, and something to take into account with bareknuckles is that they respond very differently in different types of wood. I'm not sure how pk's hould work in mahogany/maple. I think mmolteratx has some nailbombs in his lp that he really likes. Is there something in particular that you liked about pk's vs some other bareknuckle stuff? Another pickup worth a look is the BG Hellabucker, I have one in my lp and also in my carvin ct6 and they're the nicest pickup that I've heard/used for lp's in a modern setting. cheaper than bkps too.
Quote by awesome-o
model of pickups in question? style of music? amp? existing guitar?

model=painkillers i play a cross between progressive + doom, with some stoner/sludge thrown in for good measure every now and again. bogner uberschall for the amp and the guitar = Gibson LP studio.
i would go nailbombs over painkillers. pk's are way too tight for sludge/doom. again though, bg hellabuckers are awesome in lps.
Quote by rokket2005
I have a painkiller in the bridge of my 7, and I like it. my 7 is alder though, and something to take into account with bareknuckles is that they respond very differently in different types of wood. I'm not sure how pk's hould work in mahogany/maple. I think mmolteratx has some nailbombs in his lp that he really likes. Is there something in particular that you liked about pk's vs some other bareknuckle stuff? Another pickup worth a look is the BG Hellabucker, I have one in my lp and also in my carvin ct6 and they're the nicest pickup that I've heard/used for lp's in a modern setting. cheaper than bkps too.

nailbombs were another one i was looking at as well as the aftermath. and ill check out the hellabucker. and as far as the PK's i liked the midrange boost and the tightness....of course their sounds samples on the site are probably played through a supreme rig as well to let them shine. kinda why i was asking around.
email/call the guy who heads BKP where ever you are at, ask for recommendations from them. they know more about the pickups than anybody on here.

i dont own any BKP.

but as far as dropping $300 on pickups i would like to know whats best for you. i have heard of people likeing all three in different scenarios in LP's, just make sure you get what you are getting is the most ideal for your preferences.

call BKP.
Quote by Kikuta
BKP in a mahogany body = mud, mud, and more mud.

My Edwards LP and Ibanez S7320 (7-string) had the PainKiller sets. Sounded nice but were nicer with Ibanez Basswood 6s and 7s.

The Mahogany/Maple LP and Mahogany 7 ended up with Miracle Man sets. I like BKPs with high gain amps.