Hi pit,

I'm on a quest to find some good post rock, preferably with electronic influences (read: Worlds End Girlfriend/Kashiwa Daisuke style, GYBE would be cool too though), but unfortunately I can't find anything that sounds original (read: everything I find is trying to copy Explosions in the Sky/Mogwai). The best bands that I have found in my search were Kwoon and Secrets of the Third Planet. I'm stickying this for when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Thanks!
http://overheadthealbatross.bandcamp.com/album/lads-with-sticks

Favorite Irish band, the only post rock band I really like.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
wearepostrock

Very good quality videos and audio on a load of post-rock bands, many electronic, playing live.

Metavari are very good.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Wel 65daysofstatic does the whole electronic post-rock thing, but honestly all post-rock gets pretty boring after a while. There just isn't much to do that hasn't already been done.

Edit: The best post-rock band ever though is Tides From Nebula. They're fantastic. look them up.
Can't believe I forgot about 65dos: they're one of my favourite bands. Need to go flog myself for my forgetfulness.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Good thread OP, I love Kashiwa Daisuke and World's End Girlfriend, Program Music I is one of my all time favorite albums, I haven't really found much else in the same vein of them, so I will be checking out the stuff in here as well (that I haven't already heard).
Quote by Todd Hart
wearepostrock

Very good quality videos and audio on a load of post-rock bands, many electronic, playing live.

Metavari are very good.

I've listened to Kings Die Like Other Men and I like them very much so far.