anyone ever heard/played one of these live? i had never seen or heard of one before last night, looked it up online this morning and found out it was a phantom. sounded amazing. very punchy with a midrange that was very defined and tonal quality i can only describe as resonating. i have no idea what else she was running with it, or if it was modded.....couldn't really see her rack (cue jokes) to see what else she had. but, only curious if anyone knows more about this company that isnt listed on the website.
They're to some extent highly modded 5150s if I recall someone telling me.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
411 used Spec Op's in their live rig for a while afaik. I have been curious about them for a few years now but never gotten to play one. I'm sure they're nice but the fact they are virtually unused professionally is not a good sign.
I'm pretty sure one of the guys from protest the hero uses/used a phantom at some point.

I'm with ASL. They seem interesting, but it's very rare to see people actually use them. So it makes me think badly of them.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
The list of artists that have used Diamond is actually surprising.

http://www.diamondamplification.com/artists.html

And it is 311 not 411

yeah having Godsmack on the front page is kind of a put off though. anyway, i saw the list, which kinda surprised me that i haven't seen one or heard of one before. they run anywhere from 2,000 to almost 3. i have a hard time believing they could charge that amount of money for an amp that doesn't pay off when you plug in. and they're guaranteed for life as it says on the site... are they just a young company?
How do you know if they don't pay off when you plug in? Have you played one? I have not but I dig Tim Mahoney's clean and dirty tone so it passes in my book

Not too many people have heard of Splawn or Reeves or Fortin either but that doesn't mean they are no good.

Actually, often times the reason the more obscure (and more expensive) amps are less known is because they are hand built by one guy one at a time. In that scenario you can only make so many amps and if you are using top quality parts and craftsmanship then they will be more expensive. Often the lead times will be 2 months + as well.

I know a builder, CECamps, who is trying to break this model tho

Also, tone and features are a preference thing. mmolteratx has played a Diamond amp and he didn't care for it. He has a CECamp on order.

PS: Godsmack's last album was done with a Splawn I believe
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
How do you know if they don't pay off when you plug in? Have you played one? I have not but I dig Tim Mahoney's clean and dirty tone so it passes in my book

I believe he was saying he has trouble believing that the amp wouldn't pay off at that price, not that it doesn't for the price.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Language; perfect for solving problems... After it creates them.

Can't remember where I heard that but I love the quote.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I've played a spec op I think or maybe a nitrox.

It was good but it didn't blow me away.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
ooooops. you might be right about that. i may have read wrong

no worries. its all good. i was just saying thats an awful lot of money and for that price, should be a pretty decent product. found a place here in chicago that carries them, might go demo one just for the hell of it. i guess they have a nitrox in their amp demo room.
I've played through a Nitrox and a Phantom, and they were both outstanding amplifiers. Diamond makes great stuff, but because of their limited distribution they can be very hard to find. They're also not cheap. If you are looking at dropping between US$2,300.00 and $3,500.00 on an amplifier and you have access to them, then I highly recommend Diamond's amps.

It's a shame they discontinued the Spec Ops. I always wanted to try that one.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
The list of artists that have used Diamond is actually surprising.

http://www.diamondamplification.com/artists.html

And it is 311 not 411

Baha my bad

The Nitrox is available for $2900 and the Phantom for a lil over $3000 down here so i'm starting to think that's a pretty good deal considering a Splawn Nitro would start at $4700 and a Fortin is unheard of haha. I would love to play one for myself
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Mar 7, 2012,
^ ha ha - I honestly thought your were joking

Quote by arteestic1
no worries. its all good. i was just saying thats an awful lot of money and for that price, should be a pretty decent product. found a place here in chicago that carries them, might go demo one just for the hell of it. i guess they have a nitrox in their amp demo room.

Do it.

I've been dying to play one myself.

Any you don't have to like 311 to appreciate Tim's good tone.

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Mar 7, 2012,
They are very very very nice amps.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I played a Nitrox a couple years ago when I demo'd and bought my Quick Rod. Compared to the Splawn it sounded pretty harsh, but still sounded nice on its own. The cleans were good but not pristine Fender or anything. I didn't really get the time to dig in to it as much that day. The Nitrox was the lowest-level amp Diamond made at the time, so I'm sure the Phantom and Spec-Op are better pieces.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion