I'm 18, but I've played drums since I was 11 and guitar since 13. I had to stop playing drums in 10th grade, I moved and had no room in my house for my set. Over the years, I've played guitar as my main instrument and only messed around on my bass. I love the guitar, no doubt about that, but I hurt my ankle about 2 weeks ago and haven't been able to walk. Since my guitar was downstairs, I've been playing my bass. The thing is, I've fallen in love. I've been practicing everyday for a couple hours at a time consistently, and I feel that it's already been coming to me way more naturally than guitar. I've been teaching myself a bit of slap too, and I feel that it's more natural to me because I started out on drums. I just wanted to know if any of you guys have made a switch like this, and if it's even reasonable to do so at 18. Thanks in advance guys.

TLDR: Basically, switching my main instrument to bass from guitar after playing guitar for 5 years. Just want to know if it's feasible or not.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
I kind of did the same thing. I started out on guitar when I was 8, and in the past couple of years, since I was say, 18, I've taken a liking to the bass.

If you work a little bit on your technique, then you should make quite a good bass player, with your Guitar experience. I know it worked for me, I got into a band playing Bass since I figured there weren't that many good bass players in my city.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Awesome. It's nice to hear, because I just wasn't sure if it was worth it. I just love that low end ya know?
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

Switch to bass. Join us. Never look back. You are about to open so much more musical jobs for yourself, and you will get to do all the cool bass shnaz like slapping. :3
Main Basses:
Warwick RB Corvette 5
Douglas Sculptor 825 NA Fretless 5

Main Rig:
Sansamp>GK Backline 600>2 GK BLX 210 Cabinets
Quote by McGelie
Awesome. It's nice to hear, because I just wasn't sure if it was worth it. I just love that low end ya know?

Yeah, no hesitation.

Bass has that magnetism sometimes.. Why deny yourself?
signature
Quote by McGelie
Basically, switching my main instrument to bass from guitar after playing guitar for 5 years. Just want to know if it's feasible or not.

Of course it's feasible. I'd say your experience as a drummer will actually be of more use to you then your experience as a guitarist. The notes on the fretboard will transfer over from guitar, but the rhythm and mentality of a drummer will take you farther on bass.

Welcome to the low end. Grab a bass, grab a beer, and join us
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Also, I havta admit, bassists are cooler xD I'm also just trying to expand my musical ability. Should I look at the rec thread for where to start? I haven't browsed it yet.