I've been trying to correctly wire my guitar for a long time now and I can never get the split positions to work properly. It's a humbucker - single - humbucker configured guitar. The 1, 3, and 5 positions all work fine but the 2 and 4 positions are both really low output and sound very tinny. Each individual pickup sounds fine on its own but when I combine them they don't sound right.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by IronTallicaDeth
Have you tried looking at Seymour Duncan's website for wiring diagrams? That's what i used to wire up my HSH setup on my Kramer. Of course i also have Seymour Duncans in it as well. But i would think it would work for any other brand of humbuckers as well.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/

I've actually been looking at a Dimarzio wiring diagram. I'm pretty sure I have every wired up correctly, but the sound still isn't right. Could the pickup selector possibly be faulty?

EDIT: I found this diagram on the website you gave me and it says if I have a fender pickup I should reverse the green and black wires. I have a stock Ibanez single coil, not a fender, but maybe that's what is wrong?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Last edited by ryan_nadon at Mar 6, 2012,
This is the exact same diagram i used for my setup, excluding the killswitch i installed. Like i said i have all Seymour Duncans in my guitar. However i reverse the green and black wires anyways on mine. And it sounds just fine. I mean you could try it out and if it works great, if not then you'll have to figure something else out. Also i had problems with my sound when i first wired them up. I felt stupid once i realized it, but you also have to solder the red & white wires together and tape them. Said it right on the diagram, but for some reason my eyes didn't catch it....