I was given a 1991 USA made Pred. it was dire. The white pick guard was brown!
So, i took it apart, cleaned it and put it back together, it plays marvelously well for a guitar that's been in a garage for 13 years!

But I have 2 questions;

1. Under the neck plate, is a small alan key screw, which I want to know if I'm right in assuming it's for adjusting the neck? It's not the truss rod, there's a hole for that up the other end. Id this what it is?

2. Even before i took it apart, the bridge, was very sticky, it wouldn't move much, i don't have a whammy bar, but if i did it wouldn't be of much use as the bridge doesnt move much and when it does, stays where it is, any ideas?

Here's a picture:

Next to my other guitar. I can't afford nicer ones
Quote by LukeWard

1. Under the neck plate, is a small alan key screw, which I want to know if I'm right in assuming it's for adjusting the neck? It's not the truss rod, there's a hole for that up the other end. Id this what it is?

2. Even before i took it apart, the bridge, was very sticky, it wouldn't move much, i don't have a whammy bar, but if i did it wouldn't be of much use as the bridge doesnt move much and when it does, stays where it is, any ideas?

1. That is for adjusting the neck angle. Just like how some times you have to put a shim on a guitars neck, well with these the shim was basically build in.

2. Completely take it apart and clean it. Put some WD-40 on the pivot points as well.