Purchased a marshall jcm2000 tsl 100 and a marshall 1960 cabinet. It has several connections to connect to cabinet at the rear of the amp. One 16ohm connection and Two 4 and 8 ohm connection. Do I plug in the marshall cabinet to the 16 ohm single Plug? Sorry for such a dumb question but I don't have a clue which one...I read something about the single 16 ohm was just for marshall amps only. but just wanted to make sure. Thanks
Yes.
Here's how your 1960 is wired.
16 ohm input - all four speakers wired in series/parallel
4 ohm input - all four speakers in parallel
Two 8 ohm inputs. Two sets of parallel speakers with each input only driving two speakers each.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
congrats. i actually picked up the ExACT same head and cab back at christmas. i love my tsl, just a great buy and sounds awesome.i was wondering the same thing actually, but ive been using 16ohms out into 16ohms in on cab. straightforward, and thats what i heard online too.
Thanks for info. Just wanted to make sure I was doing it right. I"m loving the amp to...
Quote by Cathbard
Yes.
Here's how your 1960 is wired.
16 ohm input - all four speakers wired in series/parallel
4 ohm input - all four speakers in parallel
Two 8 ohm inputs. Two sets of parallel speakers with each input only driving two speakers each.

+1960

This is correct

Quote by Quazzar
I read something about the single 16 ohm was just for marshall amps only. but just wanted to make sure. Thanks

That is completely false. I have no idea where you would have read that. 4, 8, and 16 ohms are the three most common speaker taps for guitar amplifiers with 16 ohms leading the way.

16 ohm mono is what you want