Chilling last text sent by teenage driver seconds before she died in 80mph crash

Page 1 of 6
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2110646/Driving-facebooking-safe-Haha-Parents-daughters-text-predicted-fatal-mistake-seeking-change-driving-laws.html?ICO=most_read_module

basically the girl said "driving and facebooking is not safe" and then died a couple seconds later. i almost don't even feel bad because she was texting like crazy "to stay awake" when she could have turned up the radio to ridiculous levels or made it freezing cold in the car, she was basically asking for it.
I love how the parents' first move is to ban texting and driving, as if it's the state's fault and not the idiocy of their departed offspring.
Quote by blake1221
I love how the parents' first move is to ban texting and driving, as if it's the state's fault and not the idiocy of their departed offspring.

Well, suppose she killed someone else as well.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Well... that sucks. I've texted while driving before, don't think I deserve to die because of it
My God, it's full of stars!
8mph more and she would've been saved.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by ironman1478

basically the girl said "driving and facebooking is not safe" and then died a couple seconds later. i almost don't even feel bad because she was texting like crazy "to stay awake" when she could have turned up the radio to ridiculous levels or made it freezing cold in the car, she was basically asking for it.

Or you know, pull over and take a nap? Sleep deprivation has a huge effect on driver ability and most people (at least here in nz) dgaf and drive like morons. I feel bad for her parents (not sure if because they lost their child or because they had to put up with it but one of those anyway).
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
80 mph is also waaay over the speed limit.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Lptubeking
Think of it as....... Population control

S**t I should feel bad but I dont.... I'm a dick
Quote by Zoot Allures
One less moron around i guess.

Oh man, I'm agreeing with zoot... But it's true, I have no sympathy for people this stupid.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
How is "I can’t discuss this now. Driving and facebooking is not safe! Haha!" chilling?

Thats just a fun dose of irony
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
How is "I can’t discuss this now. Driving and facebooking is not safe! Haha!" chilling?

Thats just a fun dose of irony

i stole the title from another forum >.>
<.<
Quote by WCPhils
And the Darwin Award goes to...
/thread
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Quote by Lptubeking
Think of it as....... Population control

Agreed.

Though, I sometimes feel guilty of driving distracted when I change songs on my iPhone while driving. I don't text though, and if I get a phone call it transfers to the car's stereo so it's hands-free. Not that anyone ever calls me though, outside of work-related stuff.

*cries*
Last edited by CV334 at Mar 6, 2012,
Quote by gunsnroses#1
Don't outlaw it. It weeds out dumbasses who are stupid enough to text while driving

When they outlawed texting while driving in Chicago, phone related accidents increased since people tried to text while hiding their phones. So instead of holding their phone up to see the road while they typed they'd be looking at their crotch while driving and typing.
Quote by blake1221

Are you seriously this dumb?
Quote by ironman1478
when she could have turned up the radio to ridiculous levels or made it freezing cold in the car

The first one is horribly distracting and the second will slow your motor ability. Neither are inherently good ways to stay awake.

Quote by Zoot Allures
One less moron around i guess.

Cruel, but I agree to some extent. The amount of pain these people inflict on their families is absolutely shameless, all because they had to text. I mean, seriously.

Quote by blake1221

You think they're going to educate their daughter on safe driving now?

Quote by Dreadnought
Well... that sucks. I've texted while driving before, don't think I deserve to die because of it

You don't, neither do other people on the opposing lane. Why is texting whilst on the road so horribly important?

Plenty of other safer ways to communicate on the road.
Last edited by severed-metal at Mar 6, 2012,
Quote by Dreadnought

I do.

You put EVERYONE around you at risk. They did nothing wrong and don't deserve to die because you couldn't wait to text your friend "lol". Idiots like you don't deserve to drive and own a phone at the same time.

Quote by gunsnroses#1
Don't outlaw it. It weeds out dumbasses who are stupid enough to text while driving

But it puts the innocent at risk of dying. They didn't do anything.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Last edited by naedauuf at Mar 6, 2012,
Quote by naedauuf
I do.

You put EVERYONE around you at risk. They did nothing wrong and don't deserve to die because you couldn't wait to text your friend "lol". Idiots like you don't deserve to drive and own a phone at the same time.

lol
My God, it's full of stars!
What a shame. She forgot to be piss drunk while yelling out the window "DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE".

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Woah, that's heavy.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Oh the irony.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
She failed so hard when she crashed. Also I thought texting while driving was banned already. o.o

EDIT: if you're at a red light and it just turned out red. Quick 1 sentence text, whatever, but pay the hell attention to the light and drop the phone the moment it goes green. Any other time and even thinking about touching that phone is a horrible idea.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Last edited by Deadlock Riff at Mar 6, 2012,
Quote by rgrockr
80 mph is also waaay over the speed limit.

Ehh, it said she was on highway, so that's not too bad.

It's stupid and I suppose it's her own fault, but she doesn't deserve to die over it. No one does.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by jetfuel495
When they outlawed texting while driving in Chicago, phone related accidents increased since people tried to text while hiding their phones. So instead of holding their phone up to see the road while they typed they'd be looking at their crotch while driving and typing.

Can't fix stupid.

But we can definitely enforce laws to kill them off.
Quote by thefuzz454
Ehh, it said she was on highway, so that's not too bad.

80 is probably the fastest anyone should really be going on the highway even when they're giving their undivided attention.

Not to mention it's already over the limit in most areas.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Mar 6, 2012,
Also, she was either going 10 or 5 over. Maximum speed limit in Idaho is 75mph so 70mph or 75mph SL on the highway.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

wasn't it 88 gigawatts needed to travel time? Or do I need to see that movie again?

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by severed-metal

Cruel, but I agree to some extent. The amount of pain these people inflict on their families is absolutely shameless, all because they had to text. I mean, seriously.

It's cruel yeah but it's all well and good for her to risk her own life, but she's risking the lives of everyone else too. It's lucky she hit the back of a truck instead of taking another person down with her.
Quote by Xiaoxi
What a shame. She forgot to be piss drunk while yelling out the window "DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE".

Funny thing is that she would've had a way better chance of surviving if she was piss drunk instead of texting
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Are you seriously this dumb?

Feel free to point out the flaw in my logic, shit for brains.
Quote by ironman1478
she was basically asking for it.

No.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.