Alright guys, so I'm looking into buying another cab for my rig I recently purchased.
It's a Backline 600 with a GK210BLX cab, works for what I need and it was cheap. Cheap is a necessity right now sadly..
Anyways, I recently found a craigslist ad with a Carvin 1x15 cab on it listed at $190 OBO. I found out it's specifically a Carvin V115, rated 400 watts and 8ohms.
Is 190 a decent offer? And if I decide to go look at it, what should I look out for?
$190 is a lot for an old carvin 1x15. IME You can get them used in stores for anywhere from $100 to $150. If I was buying them through classifieds, I'd want it toward the low end of that. Keep your eyes open for other carvins, peaveys, kustoms, old fenders--most low end 1x15 cabs hover around the $100 used price point.
Quote by Chainer
What about an SWR WorkingPro 1x15 for 300?

Whats your budget, because cheap for some is $50 etc...

I was on a budget I was able to acquire 3 1x15's for $150, one was a PA cab, 200 watts @8ohms $80, another was a Genz Benz 200 watts @ 4 ohms $70, and a free peavey combo converted into a cab with a Black Widow 350 watts 8 ohms, free. With that I got a Peavey Mark IV head for $40. So I had a 3x15 stack with a 300 watt head for only $190.

I sold some gear and now I have a tighter setup, but cheap gear ESPECIALLY 1x15's are easy to come by. Best bet, put an add on C-list saying you have about $x.xx and need a 1x15 bass cab (such and such watts and ohms) and see who offers.

Now it's very beneficial to wait and fish for good deals used, because usually you can expect to make your $$ back when you decide to upgrade, and maybe even a little profit. Just keep gear cleaner than you found it if you can.
Interesting.. I'll try that out!
What part of Texas are ya in by the way? I live up in Denton.
Quote by Chainer
Interesting.. I'll try that out!
What part of Texas are ya in by the way? I live up in Denton.

I live in Austin, but I started going to UNT this January, so I am actually in the College Inn over on campus.
Cool, I'm doing a marketing major, a lot of music people here though. Might find a cheap cab here in Denton from a student trying to make some quick cash.
That's what I'm hoping to find!
I'm a Poli Sci/German Major, music kids are everwhere. >_>
Yea, I get kind of annoyed by the fact a lot of them practice right outside the practice hall instead of in it. I wouldn't mind hearing a cello or violin, but it's always a Sax guy or those two dudes playing snare rudiments... I hate the sax.

There is a pawn shop downtown that sells only music stuff too fyi, cabs, amps, basses, guitars, pedals and a whole bunch of parts and strings and stuff. Just go right down hickory st.
Maybe, I've just driven to wal mart and back a bit. I did drive like 50 miles to grand prairie to buy an amp this evening.
Ah gotcha, the walmart up on university?
Grand Prarie is too far! Haha.
Quote by Chainer
Ah gotcha, the walmart up on university?
Grand Prarie is too far! Haha.

Yea that one

And I am aware of that now!