I currently have a Dimarzio strap that you take out the strap buttons and screw into the guitar itself.
It's very solid and I feel confident holding my guitar up just by the strap itself.

I almost 15 years old and of average 5"7 height and the damn thing is too big for me. I adjusted it as small as it goes and even shortened it by tying the clip agaisnt the strap with a hair band, still too big.
My DBZ superstrat is hanging not like redicuosly down to my knee's, but it's still to low and I feel like I'm making an effort bending my left hand just to play, and it makes playing super-technical legato passages very hard.
I do prefer the guitar to be higher up on my body.

I had a performance not to long ago, the strap fell down my shoulder 4 TIMES!
I had to hoist it back onto me and I mucked up my playing and looked like a spaz trying to stop my precious axe from falling down to the floor.
This happened during the super fast part before the big breakdown and I messed up all the notes

I need to buy another strap (preferbly online) for an upcoming performance using my other guitar, a Warlock, what straps would you reccomend that screw in a similar fashion BUT actually fit people that aren't massive whales or 6"5?
I could imagine the poor 10 year olds and shorter people that have had the same trouble I have, and I'm not even short for my age.
METAL!
Just buy a strap you like and fit Schaller straplocks to it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^^ Don't all straplocks use similar locking mechanisms (ie. you NEED to use at least 2 fingers to open it)? Does the brand really matter?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
yea I don't really understand.. Get strap locks.. screw them into your guitar and you can use any strap u want. Most straps will go pretty short. I find its hard to get a strap that goes long enough for myself. I'm only 5'8" but like to let the guitar hang below my waist
Quote by JKHC
^^ Don't all straplocks use similar locking mechanisms (ie. you NEED to use at least 2 fingers to open it)? Does the brand really matter?

not at all similar locking mechanisms. Schaller is superior to any i have seen installed properly will never fail unless you strip the thread of the wood out or something stupid.. i have them on at least 10 guitars.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
not at all similar locking mechanisms. Schaller is superior to any i have seen installed properly will never fail unless you strip the thread of the wood out or something stupid.. i have them on at least 10 guitars.

Well as long as you're keeping an eye on the locks, you should be able to catch it before the screws strip and pull out. And even then, a toothpick and some wood glue should fix it! As an Ibanez owner and Schaller strap lock fan, I'm used to using toothpicks and glue. The Ibanez stock screws are wider than the ones that come with the strap locks
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by DarthV
Well as long as you're keeping an eye on the locks, you should be able to catch it before the screws strip and pull out. And even then, a toothpick and some wood glue should fix it! As an Ibanez owner and Schaller strap lock fan, I'm used to using toothpicks and glue. The Ibanez stock screws are wider than the ones that come with the strap locks

they are always smaller. from Wolfgangs to les pauls to ibanez. tooth pick and wood glue is the best and IMO only way to do it. i also use the non permanent loctitie on the edges of the strap sides. it will come off if you ever needed it to, just less likely to fail one way or another.

best to keep the u's down. even if mechanism were to fail you would still be safe in most cases unless you are flinging it around your head like an idiot.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/