Hi guys,

So. I have some Lace pickups and a Kahler bridge floating ( ) around my house, and I really want to do a project with them. I've been looking the last few days on Ebay/Warmoth for the stuff I'd need. What I'm thinking so far:
- Black MIJ '62 Reissue body
- Canary/Ebony Strat neck from Warmoth (requires no finish!)
- Route out small chunk for Kahler
- Bone nut
- MIJ Mint green pickguard 11 hole

Things I need help with:
- Are these parts so far compatible? (Other than Kahler which needs routing)
- What tuners would be best? I am thinking since I'd have a bone nut, I could get some quality tuners and forgo the locking nut. Is that reasonable? Warmoth's options:
Vintage Style (11/32")
Schaller (25/64", 11/32")
Gotoh/Grover (13/32", 11/32")
Sperzel (25/64")
Planet Waves (13/32")

- Anything else I should consider?
- Do Kahlers use the same mounting holes as a Strat? Routing doesn't seem too difficult, and I don't entirely mind having a cavity in the body.

If there's anything you guys thing I should add or do differently, let me know!

Thanks for the help! Also, I went to Fender.com and designed it:

(Invalid img)
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Last edited by Rogue Hermit at Mar 6, 2012,
Good with tools? If you are shit with tools (like I am) I would get a trusty skilled friend to help (do) any bits that involve cutting/drilling etc. The last thing you want to do is mess up a body worth a few hundred dollars.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
My dad and his friend are both REALLY good with that stuff, so the woodworking is their job! I'm happy with a lot of the assembly and electronics, but yeah, I'll definitely get someone skilled for the wood!
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5
Last edited by Rogue Hermit at Mar 6, 2012,
Also, I think the body I found on ebay was a little too old and beat up. So, I'm looking for alternative bodies! Guitarfetish has a cheap black Strat body for $50 USD. Is this a good deal as far as quality and price and all? I'm a little concerned that this guy (http://www.guitarfetish.com/Stratocaster-Style-Body-Lightweight-Paulownia-Gloss-Black_p_1882.html) is a little to light (2.5 pounds).

Thoughts? Other options for a cheap decent quality body?

EDIT: A hardtail Strat body could also work for me. Any ideas on how difficult it would be to route a hardtail Strat for a Kahler? Would it take different mounting holes?
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5
Last edited by Rogue Hermit at Mar 7, 2012,