I am going to buy my first guitar and i dont know what style to choose?whats the main defferences between a strat model and a les paul model???
Huge. If you want an actual Fender Strat, or if you mean a Squire Strat, they both have the same features, but Fender is much better in terms of quality.
If you're style of music is more harder, I would go with the Les Paul, it's equipped with Two two consecutive single coils, creating two humbuckers. That'll give you a very nice warm sound on the clean, and also a delicious Distortion. Strats only come with two single coils, and that's deff not enough power for me. Let give you an example.
Brad Paisley uses a Fender, he uses a tele but that's besides the point, and Slash used a Les Paul for his famous "Sweet Child o' Mine." If you don't know how Brad Paisley is, good, he's a country singer, if you don't know who Slash is, then don't but a guitar. Haha. No but are you planning on getting a pedal or a specific amp?
But mainly it's the pickups, and if you know what they are (they create the dirty sound needed for all kinds of hard rock) the more on the guitar, the more expensive it's gonna be. The Les Paul has a handy tone selector switch in a place, where it's not normally placed, but it helps for quick transition between lead solos and heavy power chords. The neck inlays might be different, and the weight will deff be different. The Strat I believe is light, and the Gibson is more heavy, if that's not your style you should be looking for something else.
Basically, if you're clueless it's better to ask the dudes there. If you're going to guitarcenter, all the people there are always glad to help and answer any questions, plus you can play around with whatever you want right there in the store.
might I also suggest that if you're getting the Gibson, just because It's an iconic instrument, (same with the Strat) I would look for something different. If you want your guitar to make the sound you want, you should experiment with a couple other brands. Schecter is very nice, I just got one, and it's absolutely beautiful. I've heard good things about Ibanez, and they also come equipped with a Floyd Rose, which is extremely essential if you're gonna be using a Whammy bar a lot. So... Experiment a bit.
Hope it helps.
Uh, I implied that the Floyd Rose comes with all Ibanez's, not all of them do, and actually it's a specific model. Schecter C-1 Hellraizer I saw comes with the Floyd Rose.
And also, Joe Satriani uses an Ibanez, custom made of course, but it shows the quality of the instrument.
Go into a shop and play both guitars... The strat is a good shape for a beginner as it has a thinner neck and as for the higher frets they're much easier to reach than on a LP, however the LP is a beautiful guitar and depending on the quality of the one you get it'll sound amazing... my first guitar was a cheap fender strat which was a decent guitar and it did me well until I recently bought an Epi LP custom which is an absolute beauty and sounds amazing... but as your a beginner I advise that you get the one that you feel most comfortable playing
yea you have to play each of those guitars to see what you like because they are SOOOO different. I started many years ago on a strat. Loved the guitar, then one day a friend of mine came over with a Les Paul, I knew right then once I played it that that was the guitar I liked. Got rid of the strat, been playing LP every since.

You have to try both of those guitars
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by pankar94
Which is better for blues?

There is no better or worse. Strats are more the standard, but Clapton played on Les Pauls for a lot of his most well known works.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
Quote by pankar94
Which is better for blues?
They are equal. As many people use Strats for blues as use Les Pauls for blues.

They're completely different guitars in every regard, but equally capable in any style of music. You need to go to a shop and inspect some for yourself.

This is like asking "what's better, a Jeep Grand Cherokee or an Aston Martin DB7?". Both will get you from A to B but they're entirely different beasts. Same thing with these guitars.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by RamblinMan2450
Huge. If you want an actual Fender Strat, or if you mean a Squire Strat, they both have the same features, but Fender is much better in terms of quality.
If you're style of music is more harder, I would go with the Les Paul, it's equipped with Two two consecutive single coils, creating two humbuckers. That'll give you a very nice warm sound on the clean, and also a delicious Distortion. Strats only come with two single coils, and that's deff not enough power for me. Let give you an example.
Brad Paisley uses a Fender, he uses a tele but that's besides the point, and Slash used a Les Paul for his famous "Sweet Child o' Mine." If you don't know how Brad Paisley is, good, he's a country singer, if you don't know who Slash is, then don't but a guitar. Haha. No but are you planning on getting a pedal or a specific amp?
But mainly it's the pickups, and if you know what they are (they create the dirty sound needed for all kinds of hard rock) the more on the guitar, the more expensive it's gonna be. The Les Paul has a handy tone selector switch in a place, where it's not normally placed, but it helps for quick transition between lead solos and heavy power chords. The neck inlays might be different, and the weight will deff be different. The Strat I believe is light, and the Gibson is more heavy, if that's not your style you should be looking for something else.
Basically, if you're clueless it's better to ask the dudes there. If you're going to guitarcenter, all the people there are always glad to help and answer any questions, plus you can play around with whatever you want right there in the store.
might I also suggest that if you're getting the Gibson, just because It's an iconic instrument, (same with the Strat) I would look for something different. If you want your guitar to make the sound you want, you should experiment with a couple other brands. Schecter is very nice, I just got one, and it's absolutely beautiful. I've heard good things about Ibanez, and they also come equipped with a Floyd Rose, which is extremely essential if you're gonna be using a Whammy bar a lot. So... Experiment a bit.
Hope it helps.

So much wrong with this.
The set neck is thicker than the bolt on?all the neck is thicker or when neck joins the body?
Quote by pankar94

Well what is it you're actually looking for in the guitar? What kind of music do you want to play?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Well what is it you're actually looking for in the guitar? What kind of music do you want to play?

I listen blues,rock and hard rock.NO heavy metal.
I like Led Zeppelin, lynyrd skynyrd, scorpions, guns n roses, eric clapton, stevie ray vaughan, jimi henderix, bonamassa