Poll: do you feel sorry for straight edge people?
Poll Options
View poll results: do you feel sorry for straight edge people?
I do..some of my most memorable moments have been drunk or high outta my mind :waldo:
26 9%
its dumb to spend your life wasted all the time. i'm straight edge and i like being in control :)
20 7%
why do you care so much OP? people are gonna live their lives how they want :rolleyes:
135 49%
who the hell creates a little clubhouse for not getting high or drunk? f*cking geeks :rasta:
17 6%
I feel sorry for you druggie losers that are so bored with your lives you have to escape :mad1:
17 6%
I used to be straight edge until i realized how dumb it was :cheers:
6 2%
I've turned some ardent straight edgers onto drugs & booze... i don't regret it :satan:
3 1%
we've only got one life, might as well go all the way, so i'm open to experience :cool:
41 15%
dude what the f*ck is straight edge? *googles* .......... :haha:
9 3%
Voters: 274.
Page 1 of 4
because they refuse to indulge in drugs, alcohol, and promiscuous sex they are potentially missing out on some f*cking amazing/life-altering/unforgettable moments in one's life.

i mean, we're only here once...so why not live it up to the EXTREEME BROOOOO!!1

btw, my biggest poll yet bitches
Couldn't care less as long as they don't try to tell me that I shouldn't do those things. Not that I know any 'straight edge' people.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
No, in the same way that I don't feel sorry for people who refuse to go bugee jumping or sky diving, which can be equally as amazing as taking drugs and having promiscuous sex.
I do. It's kind of like how you'd feel bad if someone you knew missed a great party or trip. But it's their decision to make, so we'll just have to force them to take drugs! Yay!
I'm definitely on the do everything once and the great thing loads side, but no I don't feel sorry for those that don't.

They probably feel sorry for the people who do need drugs to have good time.
I feel that alcohol and drugs don't add anything to life, they just make you think that untill you realise that they didn't. Sex however is fantastic.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I don't feel sorry for anyone whose pain is self-inflicted, well, so long as they're in a reasonable state of mind. Not sure where that puts straight-edge people.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Live and let live i say.

If they dont wanna do that shit then fine. Just so long as they dont start preaching at me if i decide to take part in nefarious activities
Quote by Neo Evil11
Sex however is fantastic.
But 'promiscuous' sex can lead to problems. There's STDs, obviously, and there's always the chance that the person you are having promiscuous sex with is actualy a psycho and is now fixated on you.
Quote by LivinJoke84
Live and let live i say.

If they dont wanna do that shit then fine. Just so long as they dont start preaching at me if i decide to take part in nefarious activities

This ^
Quote by SlackerBabbath
But 'promiscuous' sex can lead to problems. There's STDs, obviously, and there's always the chance that the person you are having promiscuous sex with is actualy a psycho and is now fixated on you.

I missed that part. You are obviously correct.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
The straight edge people who are as preachy as vegans and feminists, yes
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Nah, means there's more sex, drugs and alcohol for me.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by ctfod
The straight edge people who are as preachy as vegans and feminists, yes

Idiots logic:
-> preach about how preaching is bad.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by SlackerBabbath

This ^

There's always the possibility that holding a door open for someone will make them psychotically attached to you, doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.

Quote by Neo Evil11
Idiots logic:
-> preach about how preaching is bad.

Except he wasn't preaching.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Mar 7, 2012,
Quote by Todd Hart
There's always the possibility that holding a door open for someone will make them psychotically attached to you, doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.

Posting here can have the same result.

Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Posting here can have the same result.

Pyshcosex is hawt.
Quote by Todd Hart

That's why I always refuse to hold a door open for anyone.
I dont feel sorry or care about what anyone does unless it affects me
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by Todd Hart
Pyshcosex is hawt.

You are not getting it from me though. You crazy son of a ****
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by SlackerBabbath

But that means you're only being passive aggressive, or even worse: could be interpreted as playful banter, which may not be explicit enough to prove that you don't love them. The trick is hold the door till they get close and then slam their head in it repeatedly. That way there's no chance of miscommunication.

You kids and your lacking sense it of etiquette.

Quote by Neo Evil11
You are not getting it from me though. You crazy son of a ****

I wasn't asking. It rubs the lotion on its skin!
Last edited by Todd Hart at Mar 7, 2012,
Quote by SlackerBabbath

What if someone gets attached to you for NOT holding a door for them?
There's not a single awesome story that starts with ''So bro...I was sober and....'' and ends with ''...and I didn't bang her.''
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Only the people that are obnoxious about it.

SXE women are like catholics though. They'll bang you if you play the cards right. The catholic gal just has to confess on sunday and she's in the clear. The SXE gal just has to blame you for manipulating her emotions and she's in the clear.
That poll is not biased at all.

OT: It's their choice. Maybe they want to experience things in their purest form, without the help of drugs.
However, I think people should atleast try something once in their life.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
I'm straight edge, but that was just a natural thing that came over the years.

Oh WHINE people who are straight edge are sooo annoying...

that's what I hear a lot.

But people who whine about us are just as annoying.

and no, I don't talk about being straight edge unless somebody asks.

*puts it in a cupboard, until next time*
This will start a RIOT! in me
when the **** did the word "edge" get added onto "straight" when used to define one's use/abstinence of drugs and/or alcohol? Can't these things just stay the way they were for christ sake? Straight is just that, you don't do drugs or drink alcohol. Dirty is the opposite. It's neat and clean and needs no embellishment.
people who are straight edge are sooo annoying...

/WHINE
I have a lot of respect for people who live a straight life. Usually, because they're surrounded by drunk idiots who tend to regret things they do or injure themselves while highly intoxicated. The straight people are the ones that see the many mistakes other people & decide it's just not for them. Which is a smart move. However, if they try to change me, I'd kill them. I agree with not drinking (at least not often, I tend to go to the pub for 2/3 pints once or twice a month), but I couldn't live without my weed haha
Straight edge preachers are just as annoying as those who say that people who abstain are 'missing out' in life.
ggg1 ggg3

I answered that it's up to them but I wouldn't be who I am without the experiences I had with drugs (and my people on drugs). Having your mind cracked open and everything in it leaking out and dying on the ground around you can really change a person.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by behind_you
Straight edge preachers are just as annoying as those who say that people who abstain are 'missing out' in life.

This

Myself I recently have become kind of 50% straight edge, meaning that I do not drink regularly, like people would in social situations or at dinner etc., but when I do drink, I drink like a demon and shit goes down. I haven't had a drop of alcohol since January and I think it's more fulfilling this way as I tend to only use it to get wasted. To each their own.
Well, they can't drink, smoke, do drugs, or have sex. Most people conveniently ignore that last part.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I feel sorry for straight edge people because they are knee deep in delusional linear paths. I feel worse for the rest of the people because they are knee deep in delusional waves and troughs.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Hell yeah! I'm totally straight edge and love it!
Except when I'm high... or drunk... or banging my gf... wait *googles straight edge*

Whutthe...
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Page 1 of 4