I have been playing guitar for 6 months, and I currently have a ibanez gio, I want to get another guitar but I don't know which kind. My price range. Is 400$ any one got any ideas???
Quote by GuitarLover15.2
I have been playing guitar for 6 months, and I currently have a ibanez gio, I want to get another guitar but I don't know which kind. My price range. Is 400$ any one got any ideas???
Music genres? Favourite bands? Location? (amp?)
We can't tell you which guitars you will like, we can only tell you which guitars we like. The best advice is always to go to as many shops as possible, try as many guitars as possible and buy your favourite.

We may be able to give some pointers and provide advice on guitars to be avoided or which wouldn't suit your style, but to do that we'll need more information like what style you play, what other kit you'll be using and your location.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
We can't tell you which guitars you will like, we can only tell you which guitars we like. The best advice is always to go to as many shops as possible, try as many guitars as possible and buy your favourite.

We may be able to give some pointers and provide advice on guitars to be avoided or which wouldn't suit your style, but to do that we'll need more information like what style you play, what other kit you'll be using and your location.

+1000000

We can only give you opinions, not what's right for you.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Why not go to a guitar store and try out a few guitars to see what you like and what you don't like?

Don't limit yourself to just Ibanez, but try out things from different brands and different makes and models.

The right guitar will honestly just sing in your hands.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Bands I like are guns and roses, billy talent, the used, cancer bats, atreyu, alkalin trio, cage the elephant, my chemical romance, and my amp is just a shitty fender starter amp
Read post above ^
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
If you don't mind thicker necks, go on eBay or Craigslist and see if you can find a Schecter C-1 Classic/Custom. They have bad resale values so you can find one pretty cheap. For $400, I can't think of anything much better unless you find a big deal on something else.
I'm amazed nobody has mentioned these yet;

http://www.rondomusic.com

Look at the Agiles. Not touched one myself as I'm in Europe, but they get a good rep on here.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I like thinner necks,@ fisheth24you only have 40$. Out of 450? If that's what you're saying than that sucks
I was recommend ESP guitars Jackson guitars and prs se torrero, are any of these in my price range???
Quote by GuitarLover15.2
I was recommend ESP guitars Jackson guitars and prs se torrero, are any of these in my price range???

Depends on the model of ESP or Jackson. The Torero is way out of your price range and its overpriced anyway.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
No problem

Just here to help.

Can always PM me with any questions you've got
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I am looking at the agile hawker,its in my price, range I like the way at look, the reviews look good, but is there any really bad things about it???? And where can I try one out???
Quote by GuitarLover15.2
I am looking at the agile hawker,its in my price, range I like the way at look, the reviews look good, but is there any really bad things about it???? And where can I try one out???

Nowhere. Thats the fun with agiles, you gotta take a shot in the dark really.
Looks like a pretty decent guitar.

You could always try craigslist roulette. Its shown fantastic results!
Shipping to me (calgary) is 111$ us.
On top of that expect to pay duty, which may be as high as 60.
I paid 50$ duty on a 400$ amp.
Last edited by StonedColdCrazy at Mar 8, 2012,
I fixed that. 379$ guitar should be 40-60$ duty.

I would look used on kijiji man, after s/h and duty its not really worth it.

Edit: where you live? I could cruise kijiji for ya for some good deals.
Last edited by StonedColdCrazy at Mar 8, 2012,