Richard Hell writes some of the most meaningful lyrics in a clear concise and poetic manner. If Time doesn't move you then check your pulse. Tom Verlaine is one of the most underrated guitarist of our time because he speaks through his guitar no words are needed and the feeling is clear. What a gem of the 70's from The Neon Boys to The Voidoids to Television.
Both Television and Verlaine's solo career are quite good, and somewhat underrated. Verlaine as a solo artist is for sure, but I find most guitarists at least know of Television (Unless they're snobs; just kidding!).
Marquee Moon rules, yup.

As does Blank Generation.

We've known this for years in the punk forum, where we're all hella swag.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Mar 7, 2012,
Well this is a silly thread.

Kinda makes me embarrassed to <3 Television and The Voidoids and The Neon Boys and The Heartbreakers, etc.
Quote by Arthur Curry
I only have Marquee Moon, love that album...what would you suggest listening to next?

Their only other album is Adventure. It's good. But if you haven't listened to Blank Generation get on that.

Dunno why this thread's lumpin' all these bands together. If you're talking about anything involving Verlaine and Hell you might as well throw in Lou Reed (or, heck, the whole VU) and Matthew Sweet cuz of Robert Quine. And heck, Ivan Julian played a few songs with The Clash.
Last edited by █▐▌█▐▌ at Mar 8, 2012,
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
Their only other album is Adventure. It's good. But if you haven't listened to Blank Generation get on that.

Don't forget the s/t they put out in '92, I haven't heard that, though.

Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
Dunno why this thread's lumpin' all these bands together. If you're talking about anything involving Verlaine and Hell you might as well throw in Lou Reed (or, heck, the whole VU) and Matthew Sweet cuz of Robert Quine. And heck, Ivan Julian played a few songs with The Clash.

Let's not forget Marky Ramone, bro.
Comeback albums don't count as real albums if they're anything less than classic.

Oh I completely forgot about Marky. Don't even know if I coulda told ya he played in the Voidoids. Though of course I knew at one point.

I think we should talk about everybody who's had anything to do with David Bowie, since he's another degree of separation past Lou Reed. That way we can talk about prtty much everyone who made any good music in the '70s.
Last edited by █▐▌█▐▌ at Mar 8, 2012,