Which squier strat should i buy for my first guitar?i am between an affinity strat and a std strat
Out of the two a Standard would be the better option.

If you could afford a Classic Vibe those are the ones to go for, I think anyway.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I'd go with standard. the Affinity is a really good starter but you'll find you'll need a better one in a couple of months
If you have money for

I have classic vibe 50. These are very good guitar. Great building quality for the very reasonable money. When I was buying mine I compared it in the shop with mexican and USA made guitars. This guitar is on the same level. Very "straty" sound. 60's models have more "fat" in the sound. 50's have more "glass". These guitars are very good for learning as they don't mask any mistake that you do.

Here is my sound example of Classic Vibe 50

http://soundcloud.com/thebedroommusician/vht-squire-classic-vibe-50s

Cheerz!!
So whats the difference between vibe 50s and vibe 60s?which neck is easier to play?
Based off two different types of Stratocaster.

I've got no idea as I've not played them.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
musiciansfriend.com has some vintage mods for $249.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Try them out and see what you think.

We can only give you opinions.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Try them out and see what you think.

We can only give you opinions.

I cant.the are only 2 shops in my little town and they only have rosewood models.
Not to sure if there's much of a difference between Rosewood necks and Maple necks except feel.

Someone else will definatly know more than me on it though.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Not to sure if there's much of a difference between Rosewood necks and Maple necks except feel.

Someone else will definatly know more than me on it though.

Can you tell me the difference between the feel?
Sure, I think Maples a bit brighter than Rosewood and Rosewood is more fuller.
But I'm not sure and I could be talking out of my backside.

Someone will come in and help out though.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Neither. Get a Yamaha Pacifica 112 instead
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
The rosewood fretboard of the 60s model will give it a slightly smoother, warmer tone. The all-maple neck of the 50s model gives it a slightly brighter tone. The maple neck should feel a little smoother, but can start to feel ''sticky'' over time. The rosewood feels the opposite; it may seem slower to play on at first but once you get used to it it offers less resistance.

The pickups in the two guitars use slightly different magnets, but their tone is about the same; the 60s model should have very slightly more output, but not much. If you're going to use much distortion, bear in mind that single coil pickups like that hum, which will be increased with distortion. You might want to invest in some hum-cancelling pickups, or a noise gate, if distortion is your thing.

Neither is easier to play than the other. They are mostly identical; beside that, nobody on the internet can tell you what is easier/better/faster/etc, as that all depends on each player's hands, technique and personal preferences.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
The rosewood fretboard of the 60s model will give it a slightly smoother, warmer tone. The all-maple neck of the 50s model gives it a slightly brighter tone. The maple neck should feel a little smoother, but can start to feel ''sticky'' over time. The rosewood feels the opposite; it may seem slower to play on at first but once you get used to it it offers less resistance.

The pickups in the two guitars use slightly different magnets, but their tone is about the same; the 60s model should have very slightly more output, but not much. If you're going to use much distortion, bear in mind that single coil pickups like that hum, which will be increased with distortion. You might want to invest in some hum-cancelling pickups, or a noise gate, if distortion is your thing.

Neither is easier to play than the other. They are mostly identical; beside that, nobody on the internet can tell you what is easier/better/faster/etc, as that all depends on each player's hands, technique and personal preferences.

Thanks for your answer.you helped me a lot.
Quote by Fisheth24
Out of the two a Standard would be the better option.

If you could afford a Classic Vibe those are the ones to go for, I think anyway.

This man speaks sense.
SMILE!
checkout rondomusic.com the sx strats are very nice for the price.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
search ebay for a mim fender squier series guitar, they're from the mid-90s and are great guitars for the money. I'd say somewhere between a MIM Fender from today and a Squier Standard, but more on the Fender end. I'd say it's a great guitar for beginners, if you upgrade the pickups/hardware it'll be a very, very good instrument.

I got mine for 160 dollars and it's left handed. So you should be able to find a right handed one for cheaper.