Poll: Which time period do you think had the most effect on society, music, and family.
Poll Options
View poll results: Which time period do you think had the most effect on society, music, and family.
Medieval
2 6%
Renaissance
1 3%
Baroque
2 6%
Classical
7 20%
Romantic
3 9%
Modern
20 57%
Voters: 35.
hey guys Im supposed to ask some people which time period you feel had the most influence on today’s world in terms of how it impacted society, music, careers, and family life, and if you like the music or not.
different music has had different impacts on different societies.
but if a music impact is defined by how many people listen to it,then pop music it is.
Pop music being a way of encouraging consumerism and a kind of music that does not point fingers.
then no, i don't like it.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Romantic by a long shot.

i have to write an essay about this question, i think this is what im gonna go with
For one, the idea of the artist as celebrity dominates popular arts of today and that idea certainly gained its footing in the Romantic period

The emphasis on lyric, introspection, confessional writing, and about every other feature of pop lyrics comes out of the period too.
Modern Music will always havethe most impact.

If you go back 500 years, modern music had the most impact.

In 500 years, Modern music will have the most impact.

Music is a living thing, it is through music that we dream, and the music is a reflection of our dreams. The dreams of the past do not affect the modern world the same way. Just as the dreams of the future will want nothig to do with our music.
Quote by seabear70

Music is a living thing, it is through music that we dream, and the music is a reflection of our dreams. The dreams of the past do not affect the modern world the same way. Just as the dreams of the future will want nothig to do with our music.

This idea was invented (in the western world) during the romantic period
It would be the modern period (whatever you would classify it as today). Music is in part a reflection of what is occuring in society at that time. During the current era, the format music is played in has affected careers (artists losing money for illegal downloads), music (electonic dubstep), social culture (go to a mall when school gets out on a friday and look at what the high school kids are dressing like). Think about it this way, in the 1700s you had to go to a performance to listen to music, it was a social function. Now, all you have to do is turn on your ipod to listen to your favorite song. As society has changed, the music has changed.

As to whether or not you like the music, your teacher shouldn't ask an open ended question such as do you like music from this time period because there are so much variety in any era. The person above says pop music, but pop music is only one style of music during this era. Justin Bieber v. Deadmau5. Both from this era, but completely different. How can you ask someone to either accept or reject an entire period of music when there is so much variation within that period?
The question is vague, but I'm gonna say Baroque because it established the rules that almost all music follows even to this day.
Check out my band Disturbed
Technology in the modern era wins over everything.

The computer was revolutionary in that it was a new way of expression and communication.

It was equivalent to the wheel or print/printing press
Quote by schecter6
Justin Bieber v. Deadmau5. Both from this era, but completely different. How can you ask someone to either accept or reject an entire period of music when there is so much variation within that period?

I'm pretty sure 'modern' refers to modern art music, not commercial bullshit for teenagers.

I think the romantic period has the biggest impact on our world.
It changed the way we think about music. Music was used as a way to escape from reality at that time, which is something that's still very much being done today.
Quote by schecter6
Justin Bieber v. Deadmau5. Both from this era, but completely different. How can you ask someone to either accept or reject an entire period of music when there is so much variation within that period?

Justin Bieber and Deadmau5 are massively similar...
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.