First 5 seconds? I love it. Great tones, incredible ambience. I feel that the center lead guitar should be upped in volume a bit, cause as is, it stands exactly equal to the rhythm guitar track. Lead should be more prominent. Love the arrangement. Simply amazing.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1523148
thanks for listening man.

but, as far as the difference in volume goes, what do you think is a reasonable difference in dB level for rhythm and lead.

i struggle with it all the time. I had the lead parts up to 9dB higher than the rhythm in some cases in this song.. and I didnt want it to be too extreme of a difference.

I also have a lot of elements to work with in some of these arrangements..

shoot me some tips bro thanks again.
understandable, but it's like, when you work on a song so much , what you think you hear versus, what is the actual case, it can vary..

then I have to take in account, my shitty recording space and hardware. there has to be some other way sometimes to give a better judgement
Quote by Shawn050
thanks for listening man.

but, as far as the difference in volume goes, what do you think is a reasonable difference in dB level for rhythm and lead.

i struggle with it all the time. I had the lead parts up to 9dB higher than the rhythm in some cases in this song.. and I didnt want it to be too extreme of a difference.

I also have a lot of elements to work with in some of these arrangements..

shoot me some tips bro thanks again.

I'd say it isn't the volume that is the real problem here. Try working with the EQ instead!
And use compressors if you can.
I have compressors running for just about every channel, i guess it's kind of pointless.

I basically lower the master volume down about 12-15 dB in most cases,

Then use compressors on most tracks (besides guitar- they have their own) to have a decent mix.

I don't really know how effective that is..

I don't know how effective that is but