Just bought a Boss multi effects pedal and have of about 10 effects on it for my originals , and i was just looking for songs that use an effect other than distortion for bass.

Jordan
Quote by whywefight
try Tool, i think Justin Chancellor uses effects rather often.

wouldn't be a huge fan of tool i know they have crazy basslines but would rather something less heavy
Definitely Tool, like fight said.

Can't forget about Les Claypool, from Primus. I always thought Sam Rivers from Limp Bizkit did some pretty cool stuff to.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
'city of delusion' by muse has some wah-y phase goin' on
'ruled by secrey' also by muse has some synth bass as does 'i belong to you'
i'm assuming by saying distortion, you are including overdrive and fuzz etc?
some chillis songs use envolope filter or a wah pedal
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Last edited by moody git at Mar 7, 2012,
Sleep has the mu-tron see "dragonaut". A lot of doom has effects, but you don't like heavy.

Black sabbath has the famous "NIB".

Discounting fuzz and dirts, a mild to heavy chorus effect really thickens and "trips up" the bass line. fuzz, in conjunction with phasers, filters, wahs, octavers makes for a synth tone so adding and tweaking multiple effects can make great results.

Not really a delay fan on bass, but maybe staccato foam muted notes with slapback would be fun.
Wah(ry) effects;
Rage against the machine - calm like a bomb
Audioslave - Cochise
Metallica - Pulling Teeth (Anaesthesia)

Shinobia vs Dragon Ninja - Flanger/chorus effect on the verse sections

Muse - Hysteria/time is running out, heavily distorted with a synth/phaser effect mixed together.
Ignoring people's opinions since 1987
Anything by Larry Graham is definitely worth checking out, especially Earthquake.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
try 'Jail' by Down, some really cool flange happening
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Pink Floyd - One of these days

Delay through most of the song, and some tremolo during the bridge. Simple, but amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTrNQCYh70Y

Also ( I Might get a little flamed for this): Kings of Leon: delay (I think?) and a whammy set to +1oct.
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
Quote by Fishybones
Also ( I Might get a little flamed for this): Kings of Leon: delay (I think?) and a whammy set to +1oct.

As much as I hate to admit it, good shout there.

I am also going to be honest, I can't a;ways find a lot of room to experiment with effects on my bass. Anyone got any tips on anything that can help make them appropriate in a two guitar + synth rock-ish band?
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.