I'm half German (live in England) and it seems like whenever I watch a non-German film that has been voiceovered (that's a word), all the male characters seem to be played by the same voice actor. He has a distinctly unpleasant voice, which seems to make everything he says sound like a challenge, while still being dismissive of everything that other people say. I hate this guy. I can't watch films if I'm in Germany because it's more than likely that he will feature in them. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

I'll see if I can find an extract from a dubbed film...
Are you sure it's not just because German is a terrible sounding language?
Quote by frankv
Have you ever watched German Spongebob? It's hilariously bad.

Are you kidding? German spongebob is the best spongebob. It's the only German version of something that's actually good.
German Spongebob is hilarious.

Avatar: The Last Airbender has some decent voice acting as well. Everything else... no. Especially Futurama, Family Guy, South Park, The Simpsons, and pretty much every other popular cartoon from anywhere else.
That's actually true

The german voice actor for spongebob is in so many movies too, even some action films.
And today my mom saw a cooking show with the voice actor for JD (Scrubs).

The most awesome thing was when I watched a documentary about quantum physics stuff and the voice actor for Tom Hanks was speaking.
It sounded like Forrest Gump was teaching me advanced physics.
Quote by frankv
Have you ever watched German Spongebob? It's hilariously bad.

Spongebob Goofy Goober Rock in German. That video got me 500,000 channel views on YouTube
It's so ridiculous how giant european nations always dub over everything, meanwhile I live in one of the smallest countries in europe and we don't dub anything and I would puke my guts out if we did, if anything makes sense it would be we who would dub everything though because there are so few people who speak the language.
German pub songs are the best. I don't know whether they are but they sound so vulgar.