Page 1 of 2
Hey Guys i want to buy an amp for my Cort X-2... under 100$ and in that budget i found 3 amps : 1. Fender Mustang 1 20w
2. Peavy Vypr 15w
3. Line 6 Spider IV 15w
i cant extend my budget.I listen to Metal,Death Metal,Blues,Punk,Rock,Country & i will play the same genres with my cort . So please tell me which is the best i can get??
of those i'd get the vypyr.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Rahul Mathur
the only thing i found on mustang was more watt that means more loud........

Only with Solid State amplifiers. With Tube amps it's about how saturated the tubes get. (I think. someone else will correct me if I'm wrong though)
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Save up. Out of these I would say the Peavey or the Line 6. Neither is great, try to contain the mud especially on the spyder.
but its my first amp n i might gig in a hall.i want one guys...then i will save up for two months n buy new one
Wouldn't go for a line six, the tones on that thing are really digital.

I'd honestly wait and save for either a small Blackstar or a Peavey Vyper 30w with the Sampera footswitch.

But that's if you were me though.

Edit: 15 watt's isn't loud enough to do a gig with. Especially in a hall, but if it was miced then there wouldn't be much of a problem. Unless, you're drummer was King Kong
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Could find a cheap Crate amp. My AC15C1 is really loud. The AC30 was one of the loudest amps in history.
Quote by COREYTAYLOR721
All of amps listed are really digital lol.

but that what falls under my budget for now.....
Yeah true, but for me the Peavey is the least digital or at least the most passable of the three.

The line Six clean channel with some sort of distortion pedal isn't too bad, but the metal and the insane channels are just muddy and fizzy.

Edit: but for gigs and things like band rehersals it's just better to save up, to get something that's at least hearable over a drummer.

I attempted practices with an old Fender Frontman 15g and it was just inaudiable over the drummer.

Sounded pants too.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Mar 7, 2012,
I honestly don't think there's much more in your budget out there,
Like we keep telling you. Save up and your options will be a lot more open.

The only extra things I can think of in your budget though would be either a used Epiphone Valve Jnr's or one of the Blackheart 5 watt heads.

But I'm in a totally different country to you, currency conversion doesn't mean much seeing as things are priced differently in different countries.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Mar 7, 2012,
Quote by Fisheth24
I honestly don't think there's much more in your budget out there.

Minus used Epiphone Valve Jnr's and Blackheart 5 watt heads.

But I'm in a totally different country to you, currency conversion doesn't mean much seeing as things are priced differently in different countries.

Yeah u r right
randall rx15, orange crush 20w, or roland cube 15w all straight foward amps with good cleans for pedals.
I would get the orange.
It's a solid state, so no.

But it sounds better to my ears anyway.

Then again I'm used to tube amps and haven't heard a Peavey Vyper for a while, but a lot of people on here seem to like them.

Much more than the Spyder (even though Line Six do make some good products, the Spyder ain't one of them) and the Mustang. I don't think I've ever seen someone recommend the Mustang on here.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Unless it was mic'd or DI'd. Not even close.

Tried it once, doesn't work once unless it's a 20w tube, in my expiriences if you want the headroom too.

Totally agree on the Roland Cube there CoreyTaylor721. Fantastic amps for the price.

Got no experience with the Crush though.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I think the crush or cube would be ideal in your situation. Just recognize that these amps have overdrive so if you are playing death metal you may need to get a pedal. It is a fairly bright amp for orange compared to some of the higher end amps and may seem somewhat thin or just lacking a good crunch<<<<as you can expect considering it is $100. I think the orange amp has a tuner on it too.
Quote by COREYTAYLOR721
I think the crush or cube would be ideal in your situation. Just recognize that these amps have overdrive so if you are playing death metal you may need to get a pedal. It is a fairly bright amp for orange compared to some of the higher end amps and may seem somewhat thin or just lacking a good crunch<<<<as you can expect considering it is $100. I think the orange amp has a tuner on it too.

Doesn't the Line Six have a tuner? or is that only on the 30w version and above?

For death metal serious best bets just to get the 30w Vyper tbh. Has a good 6505 modeller on it.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
They each have their own advantages, I like the jackson best for looks and playability and the cort has the best humbuckers, in my opinion. Some people like the ibanez necks, I can't stand the fret work.
Quote by Rahul Mathur
i am confused between line 6 and peavy one

How so?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I have heard people say that line 6 has a lot of problems. I actually bought a used one and it completely shut off as soon as it was played even 30 minutes. Get the Vyper done deal.
Quote by COREYTAYLOR721
I have heard people say that line 6 has a lot of problems. I actually bought a used one and it completely shut off as soon as it was played even 30 minutes. Get the Vyper done deal.

Not just that, sounds terrible when turned up too
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
ok getting a vypr then...... n what about the guitar guys??
Ibanez GRX20,GRX40
Jackson JS23,JS22
Cort X-2??????
Quote by Rahul Mathur
ok getting a vypr then...... n what about the guitar guys??
Ibanez GRX20,GRX40
Jackson JS23,JS22
Cort X-2??????

Don't bother with the two Ibanez's or the Jacksons. There really not very good.

I'd honestly save up for a Ibanez GRG170 myself. Never had many problems with mine and I've had it for five years, but a lot of UGer's seem to hate them for some reason.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Go used. $200 for a guitar really isn't much.

Could easily get one for that much, I think anyway.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
esp m10, esp ec50, bc rich asm1, esp ltd m53 some good choices would be good for metal + anything else.
Wouldn't bother with BC.Rich's unless they were the high end or the mid range ones myself. Owned a low end one, build quality was dreadful.

Only reedeming feature was the fact it was pointy and I used to poke people I didn't like with it
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Peavey vypyr 15 for sure. It sounds much much much much better than the line 6. I have one and it kicks ass. It can get really loud. I gig with my drummer at 6. Its perfect for 100$.
Are you Indian?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Yamaha pacifica 012 is a pretty good guitar for 200$. Way better than squires.
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Page 1 of 2