Hi

I'v been practicing bends recently, and am finding my high E nigh on impossible to bend up a full step.
I'm using 10 gauge strings, on a les paul esque guitar (Yamaha SG), I have bent up a full tone on the string a couple of times, but it was hard, and only just- the string felt like it was gonna snap.
I use ernie ball's.

My technique for bending is to have my thumb coming round the neck, to hold it better, and having 3 fingers behind the bend.

Is this just a lack of technique/ finger strength?
I can bend the other strings up fine, the B is quite difficult, but okay- anything after that is dead easy.

Thanks
You just need to practice I would say. You'll get the hang of it eventually
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Agreed. Its just practice. Also, practice bends on an acoustic for a week, then go back to your electric. You'll be amazed at how easy it is then.
Guitars
- Strandberg OS6, Strandberg CL7, Gibson LP Studio, S570DXQM (2), RG7421, Mayer Strat

Amps
- Peavey Invective, Mesa TC-50, Vypyr 60
Quote by Deadpool_25
Agreed. Its just practice. Also, practice bends on an acoustic for a week, then go back to your electric. You'll be amazed at how easy it is then.

I'd just practice on my electric before doing this...

but yea, practice.
I got good at bending by using massive strings (11s or 12 I think) and then dropped down to 10s. It was unintentional, but the thicker strings built up my strength much faster, so bending the thinner strings was a cake walk.
^^^^Right, I have been playing blues on my acoustic (light strings but that is 12s for acoustic) had 9s on my prs and now i sound like David Gilmour bending on those licks.
all of the above works, but if you looking for an easy way out, i got 2 words: lower tuning.

if you switch to something like C standard, it would be really easy. even more so as you go lower. the lowest my guitar can go and stay in tune is drop B (i normally play E or C standard, though).
I'll just keep working at it... When I had 11's going to the 10s felt awesome, but I hadn't done much bending...
I'm practicing bends all up and down the neck every day now though, so improvements should come soon
if you can bend other strings ok maybe a problem with the setup!
But this goes up to 11
The setup is god awful.
Buzzes everywhere, even after i'v had frets `leveled and crowned` with a new `bone` nut.
I can't afford a proper set up after paying for that, so am trying to do it on my own- but I can't get the action bellow 8mm or so without horrnedous buzz, even with as much releaf in the truss as possible,