I'm thinking about replacing my stock SG Special pickups for something better. I've heard seymour duncan antiquities are the way to go. What would be the best pickups to get? I have about 350 to spend.
Last edited by Mlagz at Mar 7, 2012,
Wrong forum, bro. Take it to Gear Building & Customising. When you get there you might want to provide them with more information (ie. what kind of sound you're looking for, 350 of what currency etc).

Actually, they have a sticky for that.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Mar 7, 2012,
Quote by Hydra150
Wrong forum, bro. Take it to Gear Building & Customising. When you get there you might want to provide them with more information (ie. what kind of sound you're looking for, 350 of what currency etc).

Actually, they have a sticky for that.

Why don't Mods just move these threads to the right forum and PM the user, or warn them?

I bet a lot of users would have a hundred or more posts gone if they didn't say, "wrong forum."

I favor my SG 2005 Special's stock pickups. Try different configurations of the pickup heights.

Obviously, the lead pickup is a weaker magnet, so you may want something a bit louder for it. The neck pickup is perfect for me, though.
350 is enough for a set of bareknuckles so you should look it up. This is what I put in my RG770 and I am very satisfied and their customer service is awesome.
Quote by Buck's Student
Why don't Mods just move these threads to the right forum and PM the user, or warn them?

I bet a lot of users would have a hundred or more posts gone if they didn't say, "wrong forum."

They do move the threads, but it can take a while for them to notice - in the meantime TS could have deleted and reopened his thread where it will be viewed by more people who are much more knowledgeable about this stuff. I wish new users would take a minute to read the descriptions of all the subforums before starting a new thread.

On topic, if I were to get new pickups for my mediocre Ibanez I'd go for DiMarzio's (probably PAF PROs), if it was for my Hagstrom I'd look at Bareknuckle Pickups and if it were for my Strat I'd look at hotter Fender pickups - it all depends on what you want the guitar to sound like.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Mar 7, 2012,
Taking the stock pickups out of any Gibson is heresy. Pure and simple.
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
Quote by 91RG350
Taking the stock pickups out of any Gibson is heresy. Pure and simple.

No, nothing is "pure and simple." That's the weakest argument on the planet.
If it was an Epiphone then Id say go ahead and swap pups

Why do you spend over 1000 dollars on a Gibson if not for the Gibson sound? The look? If so, buy a lookalike and mod it to hell, sure.

Doesnt get purer and simpler than that
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
Why don't we just move these threads? Because it's a lot easier on an iphone to close them.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud